Nemesis 6x mounting problems

dozer_xj

I bought a nemesis qs 6x used about 7 months ago. Unit looks to be in awesome shape. Looked through it when I got it and it looked fine. Went to mount it on my gun tonight and it wont tighten on my BCA upper. The objective lense also hits on the hand guard. The mount will tighten on the hand guard rail but not on my reciver. I have not tried it on another gun yet. Do they sell a higher mount for these? If not should I get a rail to put on top of my rail to get clearance and just hope it all tightens down. The receiver has had multiple optics in it with no problems

Last edited:
I have 6 different uppers and all of them need tweeking when it comes to mounting my thermal. For some reason the term "Mil-Spec" leaves alot of room for error. And yes i would look at getting a taller mount or just get some risers like these. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category.../riser-rails.do

Also, im not familiar with the mount that armasight used on that particular model but most of them are adjustable to some extent to compensate for the variances in uppers.

Last edited:
Ok problem solved. Varminter 223 milled 0.010" off the mount on my Nemesis to allow it to squeeze the rail tighter. He also machined the rail down on my hand guard down to clear the bell on the scope. It was a $50 ebay china unit so it didnt bother me to whittle on it. I could have bought a riser like recommended above but I was worried that would get my scope even further off the bore as well as give me 2 more screws to come loose.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Dozer, what are your thoughts about the Nemesis overall?

Well I noticed you had posted here:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3125159

So you have gotten most of my thoughts on the 4x. I have not hunted with the 6x yet. Our night season Runs November 10 to March 15. I bought this 6x after last season. I might make a 4x vs 6x nemesis thread.

My first impression of the 6x is about half the FOV and its heavy but I bought is used and the price was right.

My over thoughts on the nemesis ASSUMING you have a thermal spotter, which I do, is $2000 night vision is better than $2000 thermal for being able to ID your target and shoot with precision. The nemesis has a fine cross hair which the vampire does not. It is also very clear which thermal is not. It is easy to opperate with one button to turn on and off. Manual zero and focus adjustment like a day scope. No menus to navigate and batteries last 40 hours or more (They say. I havent used mine enough)

Back