UNV 201R lamp loose

Dultimatpredator

I bought it about 4 years ago maybe less. Never used it but finally pulled it out of the box to give it a try. If I screw the beam all the way out its tight same when screwed in all the way. But anywhere in between it pretty loose almost to the point it would just about rattle. I would guess recoil will take the IR out. Any suggestions?

Head wobble is common to many IR lights, some being worse than others. If the head will unscrew from the body easily, you might try using some thread tape to see if that helps.

Loose heads were pretty common with some zoomable lights a few years ago. I had a Sniper Hog 66LR that was terrible. They fixed that issue by adding a 2nd O ring on the later models, and offered to update the older models at no charge. I don't know what UNV will do.

I Called ultimate night vision direct to see if They could tell me how to take it apart and put an o ring in it or tighten it up. I was told it wasn't possible and they recommended wrapping electrical tape around the threads on my light. I bought it in April of 16' and emailed them my receipt. I was told because it two years old they wouldn't warranty it. I asked if they could fix it and was told no all they do is sell replacements. Guess I'll either have to screw the brand new, unused $200 defective light all the way in or out so it doesn't brake. I found out from where I bought it the design was updated because of this issue. The place I bought it from I believe is contacting the company for me and said he had defective ones laying around worst case senario to try and repair mine. Thought this thing had a lifetime warranty on it when I bought it? Guess not.

Last edited:
Outdoor legacy gear is going to warranty it out and exchange with a non defective light. I'm sending it in tomorrow. I have the new style model.

Last edited:
Back