Strange but true.

old cat

Killed a coyote Thursday that had been shot in the head with a .22lr solid I presume. it was shot behind the eye & angled into the nasal cavity. I could stick a 14 penny nail in the hole with about 1 inch sticking out. No brain matter on nail & no skull damage except for the hole. Coyote was mousing & showed no ill effects. Business as usual.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoTheir skulls get thicker as they get older. That's what my wife always says about me. The older I get, the thicker my skull gets.

I killed one last year that had 5 num 4 bshot in neck and head. Have killed quite a few with bird shot under skin. They are tough

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: SnowmanMoTheir skulls get thicker as they get older. That's what my wife always says about me. The older I get, the thicker my skull gets.

I think that's called WISDOM.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: SnowmanMoTheir skulls get thicker as they get older. That's what my wife always says about me. The older I get, the thicker my skull gets.

I think that's called WISDOM.

“With age comes wisdom...
But sometimes age comes alone. “

Oscar Wilde

I killed one with a broken jaw-healed
And one with a compound fracture of the hind leg-also healed over
Both coyotes were in good shape

I shot an old one on a wheat field once that had a hole through its front left leg. Three years earlier I had shot it up in the mountains about 10 miles away. I followed it for over 1/2 a day then lost it because of a elk herd running over it's tracks..

Back