Best IR torch for ATN Xsight

Manny1972

Guys
I bought Evolva T20 IR as an upgrade to the X-sight ii. Now I can see out ca 200 yds.
Is there another IR light out there you know of that will give me TRUE 400-500yds illumination?

Thanks

If anyone has a good light that works well, it would be nice to post what it is. This site is all about learning and we learn from each other.

Curious also, but it would be for my Photon RT. I've been thinking about buying the Evolva T20 or finding someone who builds custom T20's.

Any light that uses an Oslon Sfh 4715as and 1.5 amps will be "best"

Flashlights are not even a consideration in the LED mfg market. Look at what is available from the manufacturers and either diy a light or find light guy using the latest led and led drivers.

I've seen some videos of guys using the coyote reaper xxL. it looks to be pretty promising and I wanna say it's rated for like 700 yards or something ridiculous like that. I haven't bought one yet as IR Illuminators aren't legal in ND yet. But soon, very soon I think they will be.

I have 3 ATN lights here.

A lot of people like this Sniper Hog Lights 66LRX IR-850nm broad-beam, this is a IR light.

dx1CLO6.jpg

I have an IR850nm is it any good? I have an ATN x-sight coming in the mail and I plan to use it on it. It's a predator light that came with red, green, white and IR 850NM

first night hunting optic I've gotten hoping it works OK, most of my coyotes are pretty close in wooded areas and small fields.

I'm hoping for 300 yard detection and 200 yard ID but I'd be happy with 150 yard ID and shoot.

Last edited:
No matter the IR light, just remember that IR will give lots of feedback off every branch, bush, twig, high grass, corn stubble, etc. and often cause you not to be able to see beyond them. It works best without any of those obstructions between the IR and what you are trying to view.

The NS550 is an awesome IR. 2-400yds with X sight II is not problem. I have one with the slide dimmer switch, which is very nice for toning down the IR.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpNo matter the IR light, just remember that IR will give lots of feedback off every branch, bush, twig, high grass, corn stubble, etc. and often cause you not to be able to see beyond them. It works best without any of those obstructions between the IR and what you are trying to view.

I'm putting it on an AR with a front sight A post, will that work? With the red light and burris ar-332 it's a pain to see as that front A post obscures the sight picture at night with a bloom, daytime no issues. Going to get a new upper I think with no A post.

Back