Flir pts233

zhelton

So i just did the update for it and i was surprised to find theu added bluetooth. I downloaded the flir ots app and once connected to the scope i can make any and all adjustments to the scope from my phone, i am just not able to view the thermal screen on my phone. Has anyone else had any luck playing around with the bluetooth feature?

They just added the Bluetooth feature. I was actually surprised the app worked because I have not heard anything from FLIR. There was talk about Bluetooth for awhile but not until the latest firmware was the feature there. I have never heard talk of a shared screen feature. Pulsar and ATN have it, but do it via wifi not Bluetooth for both. Video is typically transferred via wifi not Bluetooth. I would be surprised if there as anything via Bluetooth for sight sharing in the future. What I would like them to add is a photo/video option for taking a picture or start a video.

Overall for the money spent i cant complain yet. Is it as good as a pulsar apex xq50, no but it wasnt as much money either. Will no more this weekend as i will be using it alot. Just received it sunday and been getting used to it. I did mount it for a bit and shoot some with it on my ar 204 and it waz easy to mount and i lucked out and never had too adjust the sight it was perfect. Im still on the same set of cr123 batteries but already have battery packs charged and on standby.
My goal was to get into the thermal game and see how much i would use it around home. I only go back to the farm in texas twice a year where i am able to hunt at night.
Friend in texas has the apex xq50 and trijicon i believe from memory the xq50 is clearer with more range than the flir but will compare them come november.

I highly doubt it as I believe this feature is part of their scopes with the new BOSON core. I wouldn't expect it to translate back to the older models.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
What is your overall impression of the PTS 233? What about focus / clarity? I can't comment on the PTS233 but can on the PTS536 which has an adjustable focus. The focus is extremely sensitive. Just a little adjustment makes a very big difference. I don't like the Focus ring at all and picked up a Focus Adapter which makes it easier to get at the focus ring. I am surprised at how much I have to adjust the focus to get a nice sharp picture. My overall impressions so far of the image quality of the scope in comparison to a Pulsar XQ38 and a Helion XP38 is that the overall environment looks better in both of my Pulsar scopes, but the actual animal has more detail and is easier to ID in the Flir PTS536. I went out driving around recently and had 2 instances where I couldn't identify animals with my Helion XP38 which is a 640 monocular. I was able to ID the animals with the 320 Flir PTS536. The FLIR PTS536 has a much narrower field of view and higher base magnification. It just depends on if that fits a person's hunting style. I even did some comparisons with my Helion XP38 zoomed in to roughly the same magnification as the PTS536 and the PTS536 actually had a better image. This was in limited testing. I think I will like the combination of the wide view Pulsar Helion for scanning, and the PTS536 for shooting. We will see.

For the money, the PTS233 is hard to beat. I would definetely agree animals show up clearer than surroundings. I have a 4 year old Flir 640(MLS 618) scanner and I would put the 233 right up there with it. Very impressive. It’s amazing what has happened with thermal tech in the past couple years. Similar to what was stated before, it is nowhere near my Trijicon but it’s nowhere near the price. It’s a lot of technology for roughly $2100.

FYI, both NightGoggles and TNVC has the PTS233 in stock. We ordered a boatload due to the loooong back orders. PM members always have a discount with us, PM me if you like.
smile.gif

By the way High Teck Redneck sold me a PTS233 when they first came out. My old Flir RT35 was out for repair and I needed something ASAP. He got it out to me immediately. The PtS233 blows away my old Flir scope. The new technology is amazing. Great people to deal with. Also just recently I needed a tri pod. I purchased the night stalker pro tripod from Night Goggles. Another top notch company. It said the tripod was on back order for 4-6 weeks. It arrived in 2 weeks. I highly recommend using one of these companies.

You have to email ots support and they will email you the files for your thermosight. It took me 2 days to get the updated files and less than 10 minutes to do the update

Back