Leupold Warranty Turn Around?

IdCoyote

I sent in a Leupold scope that lost its zero and a week after I sent it in, I got an email that they had received it and it will take 36 business days to repair. Is this a general reply or does it really take that long? I've used Burris' warranty (my fault) and Vortex's warranty(their fault) and both had my scope repaired (Burris) and replaced (Vortex) and on my doorstep in exactly one week from when I sent them in for service. Is Leupold really that far behind the game or can I expect it sooner? I sure hope so since furs will be prime soon... Bad timing on the failure.

I sent in 2 sets of bino's in August. They sent me that email also. I had them delivered to my door (actually 2 new pairs) about 2 weeks after receiving the email. I was quite happy!

Thanks for the replies gentleman. Easing my anxiety some! I've enjoyed their products for a while and this is my first failure with a leupold so it's good to know that I have hope it'll be here before Christmas. I'll give an update when I find out more. Thanks everyone. Happy trails.

I just got off of the phone with leupold and they haven't even looked at it yet. The guy said they are so backed up they won't get a chance to look at it or another week or two. The guy was a little rude too. Definitely not impressed with their famous warranty. My AR is sitting scopeless while I miss my favorite time of year to call coyotes.
mad.gif
I guess I got spoiled by Burris' warranty response. Glad I have my .243 with a Burris for backup.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWrong time of the year to expect fast service. Hunting season always adds wait time.

True. True. I just want it now!
tt2.gif
I did have a vortex crap out last year on October 14 and I had a new one on my porch by the 21st, but they didn't fix it, just replaced it. In the time it took vortex to get me a new one, it took leupold that long just to enter it as received and send an email to notify me they had received it even though it had been delivered for several days before they said they "received" it. I guess I should cut them some slack, just anxious to get my AR up and going again. I just got spoiled from my previous experiences with warranty service and had high expectations from all the great stories I've heard of Leupold's legendary customer service. If I would have gone into it with lowered expectations I'd be fine. I should just be happy there is a warranty. Pout over.
blush.gif

Well, I thought I'd post an update on the warranty service. I finally got a notice that my scope was repaired and then two days later it showed up on November 13th. I left on a week long deer hunt the next day and then when I got back I slapped the scope on my rifle and all was well, it behaved like before. They repaired the scope and replaced the erector assembly. The warranty worked and my scope does too now. So if you plan on sending a scope in to Leupold for warranty work, expect it to be out of commission for six weeks. In the end it's hard to complain when your product is backed, even when it's not done in the same time frame of other companies. I'm just glad my main coyote rifle is back in business!

Sorry, I just realized once again, I have reserected an old post.
I will say they have been very good as well as timely in my case when needing service.

Gene

Last edited:
Back