Thoughts on JP Silent Recoil Buffer Spring??

jwdakota

Has anyone had first hand experience with JP Silent Capture Recoil Spring (Gen 2). Putting on my Alex Pro 22-250. I've already swapped out the gas block for an adjustable one to bleed of excess gas from suppressor.

thanks for the response kswaterfowl. I'm trying to determine which bullet grain to go with for yote hunting. I am wanting to keep my runners to a minimum yet stay fur friendly. Nothing like having your cake and eating it too!!

I have a JP SCS in one of my suppressed guns and it's expensive but I like it. I currently have it in my 11.5 mid length SBR and it shoots smoother than my 16" mid length with an Enidine buffer. I bought the heavier JP version so maybe that's why its smoother but the Enidine is heavier than a standard buffer also. Both guns are suppressed and the JP system is a little quieter with a can. Sooner or later I will replace the Enidine with another JP.

I have one of the first ones from years ago on a custom ar and its awesome. Have never had any problems but theres probably newer ones out there but at the time that was the only one around. Good luck with whatever you find as anything is an improvement over factory stuff

I have the gen 1 in each of my ARs, they're great when you're running suppressed. Only downside is the weight of them over a standard spring

Originally Posted By: jwdakotaHas anyone had first hand experience with JP Silent Capture Recoil Spring (Gen 2).

Have you looked at Armaspec? Their Stealth Recoil Spring has about 7 different weight options, 2 springs, at about 1/2 the cost of the JP. Some reviewers rate them better than the JP. I never used a JP, and with the function and cost of the Armaspec I doubt I would purchase one. Haven't seen anything on them that would make them worth that much more $$.

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterI have a JP SCS in one of my suppressed guns and it's expensive but I like it. I currently have it in my 11.5 mid length SBR and it shoots smoother than my 16" mid length with an Enidine buffer. I bought the heavier JP version so maybe that's why its smoother but the Enidine is heavier than a standard buffer also. Both guns are suppressed and the JP system is a little quieter with a can. Sooner or later I will replace the Enidine with another JP.

I have had the Enidine buffers for years, they work.
I have one in my AR pistol and one I move around.
I lub my springs, still makes a lot of noise.
I have an Enidine buffer tube on my 590AI shotgun.

A broken in regular spring and buffer really helps, when new you often feel it more when shooting. I think they work best in 16” barreled guns. I wouldn’t worry about the jpcs on longer barrels they add weight to the gun although I don’t have the gen 2 I have also lubed the spring and buffer before to help with the sprong

Between enidine, armaspec, and jp. The jp is significant quieter and smoother. I have an armaspec that I won't be using if someone wants it.

I have a few rounds with the JP,and it's much smoother and quieter than the original spring and buffer. Overall, I'm pleased with it. I won't be putting one on every AR I own, but I will add to the couple I shoot most often. Thank you for the responses.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerBetween enidine, armaspec, and jp. The jp is significant quieter and smoother. I have an armaspec that I won't be using if someone wants it.

Bummer to hear that about the Armaspec, you can find those for under $70 sometimes. Do you think it is just not made well or what causes it to be louder than the JP?

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterOriginally Posted By: nightcallerBetween enidine, armaspec, and jp. The jp is significant quieter and smoother. I have an armaspec that I won't be using if someone wants it.

Bummer to hear that about the Armaspec, you can find those for under $70 sometimes. Do you think it is just not made well or what causes it to be louder than the JP?

I think the price of each reflects the quality. This isn't always true but the jp is better engineered

I have the jp with the multiple springs and use it with 5 separate uppers. I love it and now find the "bong" of a recoil spring distracting, since using the JP. I have been using it for a couple of years and have not had an issue.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: GreyhunterOriginally Posted By: nightcallerBetween enidine, armaspec, and jp. The jp is significant quieter and smoother. I have an armaspec that I won't be using if someone wants it.

I think the price of each reflects the quality. This isn't always true but the jp is better engineered

Roger that. I really like my JP but thought about trying the Armaspec for another rifle, doesn't sound like it's worth the savings. Thanks

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterOriginally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: GreyhunterOriginally Posted By: nightcallerBetween enidine, armaspec, and jp. The jp is significant quieter and smoother. I have an armaspec that I won't be using if someone wants it.

Roger that. I really like my JP but thought about trying the Armaspec for another rifle, doesn't sound like it's worth the savings. Thanks

You might want to do some additional research and look at what reviews are saying about the Armaspec on Youtube and other places instead of putting too much stock into one opinion.

The Armaspec is a great product and is available in a variety of weight options. I'm sure the JP is great too, but worth twice the price? I don't see how. The Armaspec operates on a dual stage spring system while the JP is on one.

It's your money though. Spending more doesn't mean you are getting more.

Note: for those who are used to a slick and easy charging handle pull back that is something you will lose with a heavy Armaspec recoil spring. It takes more force to charge the handle but that is also why it absorbs more felt recoil in addition to it being "silent."

Last edited:
Back