Suppressor cover for Omega

KamronG

I finally got my paperwork approved for an Omega 300. This will be my first suppressor so I am overly excited to get it and try it out. I am wanting to purchase a suppressor cover for it. Mainly just to protect the can from an cosmetic damage. The suppressor will primarily be used on bolt action rifles, but may eventually be put on an AR. I won’t be doing any mag dumps or high rate of fire so the main purpose of the cover is for suppressor protection. Right now I’m looking at an Armageddon cover, Tab SAS R, or a rifles only MAD cover. Could anyone help me out on picking a cover from those 3?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have 3 of the Tab Gear covers and they work perfectly. It is the only brand of cover I have used, so not much help in comparing others. I really like the streamlined design compared to other bulkier covers out there.

my Omega with a TAB Gear cover...…..Good Luck!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

IMG_1996 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

I’ve decided to go with a Tab Gear SASR cover. Can anyone tell me if the 1.5 diameter cover will fit an Omega 300? And also, what length cover people are using for the Omega? I’m thinking the 5.5 inch cover from tab gear. Or do you have to get one custom made?

Thanks in advance for any responses

The Omega is 6" long, maybe 6.1", not counting the anchor brake. I use the 6" Silencerco cover and it works fine. Pretty sure it is made by Cole-Tac.

Last edited:
I have the Cole-Tac and Armageddon gear, both high temp, both work very well. I don't love the wrap and tie anchor for the cole-tac, but it does work well. I like that it wraps around the can, so it can be opened/removed even when the can is hot. It's not as easy to slide back to let the can cool between stages as other models, however.

I found a 7.5" sub-tac in desert tan for my 300 harvester. Covers all but the brake. 39.00 shipped(prime). First suppressor,1 coyote so far,so first cover supposedly good to 1800. Received it today so have not shot with cover. Will lace some white cord when hunting with snow on the ground.

Back