Squirrel season

Been open in Missouri since Memorial Weekend in May. I'd rather be fishing while it is this hot and humid.

Mosquitoes are terrible this time of year as are ticks and snakes. We have seen three copperheads on the farm in the last week.

They are just now starting to sample the hickories here. I have a hickory grove at the edge of my yard and most mornings I am getting my second cup of coffee about daylight. I like to check the squirrels every morning.

Here in WV season starts this coming Saturday, seems to be plenty of nuts, have being seeing lots of young squirrels. The best part I'll be able to hunt most anytime this year. I retired this past December. Already got my Ruger MK III 22 and my Contender 22 pistol, and 17 pistol barrel ready to go. Also my TC 22 Classic and Savage 17 limbered up.
Can't hardy wait.

Originally Posted By: Handi204Here in WV season starts this coming Saturday, seems to be plenty of nuts, have being seeing lots of young squirrels. The best part I'll be able to hunt most anytime this year. I retired this past December. Already got my Ruger MK III 22 and my Contender 22 pistol, and 17 pistol barrel ready to go. Also my TC 22 Classic and Savage 17 limbered up.
Can't hardy wait.

Good luck, sounds like you are ready !

The granddaughter (11) went with my wife and me to get camp ready for deer season and to practice shooting. She decided she wanted to go squirrel hunting! So since she didn't bring long pants she hunted in shorts, with snake leggings! (Central MS with a high of 90!)
I did not expect to get a shot at any but was really pleased that she saw them pretty well. She killed one with my suppressed 22RF AR! She said it was looking at her eye to eye and she shot him! May have seen more but she was so excited she yelled! Lots of fun!!

Going out tomorrow for the first time this season. Going to try a place I’ve never hunted before, but tons of big oaks. We’ll see how it goes!

Back