Actually a product...

TNYotehntr

I was walking through the walmart sporting goods area today when I saw this, I had to take a pic of it, couldn't believe it... (pic below). When I was growing up my dad told me not to point my gun anywhere I didn't want to shoot.... This is actually a product.
image.jpg

Clay target games shotgun shooters with O/U shotguns often break their gun open and set the end of the unloaded barrels on top of their shoe. They balance the gun by the stock taking the weight off their arms while waiting in a squad of several shooters at a shooting station. Very common with trap or skeet shooters.

Originally Posted By: GCClay target games shotgun shooters with O/U shotguns often break their gun open and set the end of the unloaded barrels on top of their shoe. They balance the gun by the stock taking the weight off their arms while waiting in a squad of several shooters at a shooting station. Very common with trap or skeet shooters.

Had no idea, hope everyone that buys one knows it...

I actually have one of these but rarely use it. On a skeet or trap field, the only time your shot gun is loaded is when its your turn to shoot and your on the shooting station. This little pad keeps the weight of the gun on your foot and keeps the black carbon of your shoes too. Shotguns are open if its an O/U and gives your arms or shoulder a break from the weight. Mine spends most of its time in my shooting box.

As stated above it's made for use with a broke open double or single in trap/skeet and similar situations.
Paul Allen was a competition shooter and exhibition shooter who traveled the country doing exhibition shoots to market his products. Stuff still sells today.

Back