Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x 32

TXCOONDOG

Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32 is a good power range for the various terrains and conditions I hunt (wooded, pipeline, bottoms, and fields).

The scope will be mount on a 30 caliber AR Wildcat build (30 Saborcat).

Anyway, How does the glass compare in the Razor HD LH to Leupold’s VX3i and /or VX5?

I have a couple of Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 scopes. I'm generally not much of a Vortex fan but these Razor HD LH scopes have very good optics and I've been pleasantly surprised by their optical quality. All of the Razor line of Vortex scopes has Japanese glass, unlike their lower level of scopes which has glass from other, not so great, countries.

I have a non HD VX6 3-18x50 on my 20-250 and I'd say, optically, the Razor HD LH and my non HD VX6 are nearly on par with one another.

The only real complaint I have with the HD LH is the turret clicks are a bit on the mushy side and aren't real positive, but other than that, they're a very nice scope for the money.

I like the glass on my 3-15 HD LH better than by old VX3's I haven't played with the VX3is yet. If you are going to be playing with the turrents and like the cross hairs then I would get the vortex.

I hope this helps,
Jeff

I ordered and recieved it. The glass is much better than any Viper model I’ve owned for sure.

Man is the dot tiny though!

Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMan is the dot tiny though!

Agreed! If only they had the Firedot technology, this would be about the perfect scope IMO. I've found that despite the size of the dot, the reticle design naturally pulls my eye to the center.

Originally Posted By: Matlock I've found that despite the size of the dot, the reticle design naturally pulls my eye to the center.

Both of my Razor HD LH scopes have the G4 BDC reticle and I'd agree, that reticle does seem to naturally pull my eye to instant center without any searching around before I get on point.

The dot is small, but there is another way to look at it...that small dot helps you to see whether or not you are holding on the exact same spot when you shoot. I have the 2.5X10 and like others have posted, I was really never a fan of Vortex. I have a Viper 1X4 with a lit reticle and this Razor HD. Glass wise this Razor is way better than any Leupold VX3, in fact I am impressed with the low light performance and that is saying something. I own several "high end" German optics, but I would not hesitate buying another Razor like the one I have. If you are trying to see just how accurate a group your rifle can shoot this is the scope you want on it. Vortex hit a home run with this scope, buy with confidence.

Back