Notice anything missing? Update

1trkyhntr

So, sometimes my brand new never hunted with Trijicon MK3 did not display the cross hairs on startup.
I called Trijicon, they said that is not normal send it in. I did, 1 month ago. Got it back today, supposedly a new core, etc....
Anyone notice anything missing in the photo? Yep, no cross hairs. Not every time, but 4-5 times so far today. Trijicon is going to get a piece of my mind tomorrow. I am going to ask for a replacement unit. For $7500.00 I expect a scope to have cross hairs, or am I just being too picky?
jsFizuh.jpg

Last edited:
Just thinking here, thought id throw out some ideas. By chance, is the unit on a setting that removes the crosshairs, or is it on clip -on mode? Im not saying ur crazy, but i just cant believe they would send out a unit with the exact same problem without thoroughly going over it...

Thats B.S.

I just purchased a Pulsar Helion and the O ring that holds the lens cover on was missing. Pulsar told me things like this happen and that's why they offer "free" replacement parts.

I've been waiting two weeks for my free replacement O-ring.

I feel your frustration.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kevinfarmer3456Just thinking here, thought id throw out some ideas. By chance, is the unit on a setting that removes the crosshairs, or is it on clip -on mode? Im not saying ur crazy, but i just cant believe they would send out a unit with the exact same problem without thoroughly going over it...

No it is not in clip on mode.
Yes they sent me back the unit with the exact same problem.
This issue is sporadic, maybe 1 in 3 times the cross hairs are not on. Sometimes they will come on if I recalibrate, sometimes not. Sometimes they will come on if I turn it off then back on, sometimes not.
But it does make a nice looking paperweight.

My guess they left it lay around a while, turned it on cross-hairs appeared. Boxed it up sent it back to you. I have a thermal sent in
for 9 days. Told me 7 to 10 day turn around. They won't return calls
or e-mails. Customers like you & me mean nothing.

Originally Posted By: old catMy guess they left it lay around a while, turned it on cross-hairs appeared. Boxed it up sent it back to you. I have a thermal sent in
for 9 days. Told me 7 to 10 day turn around. They won't return calls
or e-mails. Customers like you & me mean nothing.

According to the repair ticket they replaced the core, and did a couple of other things too. I do know they did something because the zero was way off, and now the lens cap is really hard to open/close.
Good luck on the 7-10 day turn around. My unit was gone for 1 day shy of 5 weeks.

Just wondering who your dealer was that’s a great price on that unit. I’m in the market for one as well, if you could pm me their information I would appreciate it. But will definitely be waiting to see how they correct your problem. Totally agree for the money they cost things need quality inspectied before being sent out. Hope your issue is taking care of this time. Best of luck

Sounds like a software glitch that's not yet fixed & maybe no clues.
They should have admitted it and told you their plan to solve it..

Well I don't know how all of this will turn out but Trijicon sent me an overnight label today, promised to fix it tomorrow and overnight it back to me by Friday. The through the lens pics that I took really helped to show them what is going on with it. Their engineer/tech said that it is a firmware issue. I asked why it was not fixed right the first time and he said that there was some miscommunication between the tech that I talked to and the repair tech. They really thought it was a core problem so they replaced that and when they turned it on the cross hairs were there so they assumed it was fixed.
I did tell them that this will be the last time, if it is not fixed 100% I expect a brand new replacement. We'll see.

Originally Posted By: HuffrangerAny Updates ??

Yes, sort of.
What can go wrong will go wrong. Long story here.
I dropped it off at a local business that takes UPS packages last Wed afternoon for overnight delivery to California. The next morning when I checked the status on line I saw that it had not moved. I went to the business and the package was still there. They told me that UPS did not pick anything up the day before. I called UPS and they told me that the business's account was suspended for non payment and they were not going to pick up anything up there, but I could go get the package and they would have a UPS truck meet me and pick it up. Then before I got to the business UPS called me and told me that the store's account had been paid and they would pick it up. OK. Now it would not get to Cal until Friday.
Then Dan from Trijicon called and wanted to know where the scope was, they were waiting for it at the repair facility. That was kind of a pleasant surprise to me that he was tracking the repair.
So anyway the scope made it onto a UPS truck Thursday for overnight delivery on Friday. Then Hurricane Michael came right through us Thursday night. Nothing moved.
Trijicon did finally get the scope on Monday. Dan called me again and asked if they could keep it an extra day just to make sure that it was fixed. I agreed so I expect it back tomorrow or Thurs. I'll let ya'll know if it is really fixed this time. I do want to give kudos to Dan at Trijicon. He did everything that he said he would do on his end and he has called me three times so far.

Last edited:
Man when it rains it pours, I feel for ya.

You would think a company like Trijicon would have their ducks in a row.

The resolution and clarity on that thing is awesome though, makes my HD19A look like antenna TV compared to 4K. Hopefully it ends up working out for you, still leaves a bad taste in your mouth for all the hassle you went through.

1trkyhntr I have dealt with the repair dept for a warranty issue on a unit I bought second hand and they treated me really well.

Hope your back in business !!

Looking forward to results. I've been on the fence between the 60mm and the 35mm. I mainly hunt hogs so I'm learning towards the 35mm

Ok here's the latest from Triicon.
Dan just called me with an update. Apparently my unit is the first one that they have had a complaint about the reticle not coming on. After changing out the core, updating firmware, etc., it still has the same issue. The repair techs determined that it only happens when the unit is in the 30hz mode, which is where I had it set.
They tested other brand new units and they have the same sporadic issue in the 30hz mode. So now they are working with their engineers and the core supplier to find a fix, not just for mine but for all of the ones that have, or will have this problem.
In the mean time they are going to overnight it back to me and advise that I use it in 60hz. They will contact me when they have figured out a fix and then I will return it again for the repair.
I can't complain about their communication, but it is frustrating to know that I will have to return it a 3rd time for the fix.
Battery life was the only reason that I was running it at 30hz. I guess that I'll have to bite the bullet and order a rechargeable battery pack. I had planned to do that in the future anyway.

Back