.17 remingtons

Acronin

I love my CZ527 Varmint in .17 Remington. It shoots awesome and plays the wood to coyotes. If you havent tried this caliber I heavily suggest it.

I happen to know where a few are available. They wouldnt let me post this is classifieds so we'll see how this works.

PM me to get info on CZ527 and a Rem700.

Andy

Ill second the 17rem.being a hammer on critters.I to have a 527 Varmint so accurate out of the box,mine shoots tiny one hole groups.I bought mine from a person who said he only shot it five or so times and that it shot great.Loaded with Bergers and Varget it is probably my favorite as we speak!!!!

I just got around to shooting the one I bought years ago. It's ridiculously fun and the rifle is insanely accurate with the load I worked up with the 25gr HP. I would definitely recommend one to anyone who reloads

Mine's an old 700 Classic that's on it's second barrel.

I love this rifle......predators and gofers don't.

HlW9irJl.jpg

My CZ is a 17FB.

q9oF5Pyl.jpg

I've had a Sako L461, a CZ 527 and Rem 700 in .17 Rem and they all have been wonderful. The Sako being the cutest and had the slickety slickest action but I had it the shortest period of time. Fell into hard times over three decades ago (divorce will do that to you) and it had to go.

Taken prairie dogs as far as 450 yards but most all my critter taken with mine have been ground squirrels. Sure a fine caliber for them. I plan on taking it back to the range this weekend along with my other .17 calibers. Those things are just too much fun to shoot. Way too much fun.

I started with a 700 BDL which I still own in 17 Remington and love the caliber. I wanted a CZ527 but could not find one but acronin, the OP on the thread, found one for me and I absolutely love it.
It has taken me some time to get a load dialed in for it and I am still wanting to tweak it a little but both the caliber and that CZ527 Varmint is a fantastic combination.
I am also shooting IMR 4320 and Hornady 25 gr HP's in mine.

The .17 Remington is a great little cartridge. I too shoot the 25 gr. Hornady HPs with drop-dead performance on coyotes. I have only had one runner that went maybe went 25 yards. I do pick my shots carefully, however. Below are some videos that demonstrates just how well the little 25 gr. bullet works on coyotes at 60 yards and 3921 fps.

The kill comes around the 2:35 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xlEJAmSk_E&t=17s

I have 3-17's presently. A CZ527 17 HH, 17 Rem AR15, and a Rem 700 17-204. The 17-204 is at LDI getting threaded for a can now. Going to use it on my next trip out west. I can't imagine not having at least one 17 cal.

Originally Posted By: RePeteMine's an old 700 Classic that's on it's second barrel.

I love this rifle......predators and gofers don't.

HlW9irJl.jpg

My CZ is a 17FB.

q9oF5Pyl.jpg

very nice

This is my new/first 17.

A model 7 with a Shilen, and an HS precision stock.

You get on the bench and shoot your big game rifles, then shoot the 17 and it feels like a bb gun.

Then you look through the scope and get a little disappointed cause the holes look like they are a long ways apart, so you go down and measure, and its less than a 1/2 inch. Oh..... well that's good then.

Nwstt2i.jpg

A custom 17 Remington with very short to zero freebore is shocking in how it shoots.

If you ever see a 17 that shoots bullets in the same hole, it is a very tiny group.

Cleaning up the necks with neck turning has paid big dividends for me.

I wax the bullets and this works wonders in keeping the copper fouling down and also the benefit of making for very small extreme spreads in velocity.

Last edited:

MartyB, that's a nice looking rifle. I like it.

Is that a sporter barrel, heavy sporter or what contour?

Thanks 6mm06. The Lilja barrel shoots extremely well and the whole setup is a joy to carry around. Very light.

Back