Hen & Rooster

AdamT

Does anyone know anything about this brand of knives. I bought a trapper style model today and would like to know more about it if possible. Box says made in Germany. Both blades are stamped German Stainless Hand Made with the model number, and the clip blade has the logo with Bertram Cutlery under it on the opposite side. I’ve tried to read about them and seems that some stuff is made in Spain or other places. Just trying to get some basic info on the brand and a general idea of what type of quality to expect.

I can't comment on the newer H&R knives. I don't have experience with new production. The old ones were pretty decent quality knives. I've owned several of them with carbon steel blades that were very good slip joints.

I don't have any first hand experience with them... but one of my good friends that collected vintage Case knives always spoke very highly of them...

Here’s a few photos of it.

45139574962_9eb11474e6_z_d.jpg

44277708365_b25c328fd1_z_d.jpg

45188341461_52985d8131_z_d.jpg

44277706615_c6e742af1e_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I like it so far. Seems to be well made, looks nice, and I thought it was a good deal at $30 brand new from a guy at work.

Back