Groundhog Talley

Got a couple the last few days, but only sitting at 11. Oh well, I did figure out that at 100yds, 6.5 creed shooting 129sst will almost blow a hog in half!

Well I think I did it, maybe other hunters or coyotes did it I don't know, but this year ghogs are getting hard to come by. I am at 168 for the year, my worst in about 8 years. I shoot on quite a few farms and have killed about 3000 over the years. Farmers have told me that you can't control ghog population with a gun but I feel that I have proved them wrong. It could be that there are less hay fields and more beans and corn now days so less chances to shoot. At least the farmers are happy.

I had one, but it wasn't hunting so much as backyard pest control. He was entirely too comfortable living under the playhouse and decided the foliage on the deck was set out solely for his culinary delight. Marlin M60 with CCI Stinger at 60 feet.

20180815_183710_1.jpg

I used to shoot several groundhogs a year off of my property, haven't seen any in a couple of years. In fact the last one I saw was 3/4 eaten & being carried in a coyotes mouth. Anyone else in the mid-west notice a population decline?

Back