Shockwave ?

seasley

For the ones of you that have and use a shockwave, do any of you use a tripod to get it up off the ground?

If so, what brand do you use or if not a tripod, what are you using?

I drive up to a fence post, large rock, tree and set it out the window. Surprising how many dirt banks are about window high and how close the coyotes will come in to a truck.

Always up off of the ground. Anything like cactus, sagebrush, fencepost etc.
I keep a small tree stand screw in hook. something to hang gear on not a climbing step in my vest to screw into something if needed. Just don't care for the bulk of a tripod. Had to make my own stand for the Krakatoa shown in another post. You can come up with something. Even a piece of rod that is threaded and stuck in the ground.

Originally Posted By: No Off SeasonAlways up off of the ground. Anything like cactus, sagebrush, fencepost etc.
I keep a small tree stand screw in hook. something to hang gear on not a climbing step in my vest to screw into something if needed. Just don't care for the bulk of a tripod. Had to make my own stand for the Krakatoa shown in another post. You can come up with something. Even a piece of rod that is threaded and stuck in the ground.

Yep, this.

I often call in areas with little vegetation with enough rigidity to support a Shockwave, so I had a buddy well a bit of 3/16" rebar to a 1/4" bolt that threads into the call. He added a couple cross pieces to aid in insertion (steps) and removal. Works like a champ. There's a picture around here somewhere...

We use a carabiner and clip into trees or bushes, then point it towards the sky. Seems to confuse them as to it's location.

Back