Hard Charger

trife

Went on a quick solo hunt this morning and had a hard charger come in. It got warm fairly quickly so I only did 3 stands. Called in two with the Shockwave, shot at one and ended with one coyote down. Took along the usual kit; 5.56 MVP Varmint (75g BTHP .223) and 1187 Sportsman (MC/00 Buck)

Stand 1:
Started out with snowshoe1. Didn't see or call in anything but two crows. Switched the sounds up after a while and ended the stand at 25 minutes.

Stand 2:
Started with snowshoe1 again. 3 minutes in a coyote comes charging in fast! He came in so fast I didn't see him until he was about 85 yards out and 40 yards from the e caller. I had to bark three times to get him to stop. He finally stopped and I dropped him at 70 yards, 25 yards from the caller. Fox bang was set to pup distress3 and I let it run for a little while. Switched the calls up and ended the stand at 18 minutes. The coyote ended up being a decent male for these parts with a good fur for the weather.

M1HCTki.jpg

Stand 3:
Started out as usual. Within 8 minutes I barely got a glimpse of a coyote leaving the area at about 100 yards. The wind started to whirl a bit during this time so I figured he winded me or spotted my partially hidden pickup behind the brush. Cycled through a few calls and ended the stand at 28 minutes.

It was really warm at about this time, nearly 90 degrees. I decided to call it a day. As I was leaving I spotted a prairie dog hole. I parked my truck and got on the flatbed with my bog pod. I flipped it at 150 yards. I packed up and ended the hunt.

uIVfv9d.jpg

fpwiUvv.jpg

eNFQFSM.jpg

EEXoHMW.jpg

Last edited:
Back