$250-$1000 per wolf anyone??

Originally Posted By: Tracker0721 The wolves are destroying elk and moose populations up there and the government trappers can’t keep up so last year the fish and game even proposed offering a bounty again.

I have not heard about a bounty being proposed by Idaho DFG and since I have sat for the past 4 years on a Montana FWP advisory board I KNOW FOR SURE that it was never even discussed by that agency. Do you have a link to this proposal?

So on F4MW Facebook it was the beginning of April 2017 that that rumor started because they announced they were getting the ducks in a row to open the program to Montana. The guy I read posting just said it was going to happen. My apologies on that one.

Here’s the spokesman review saying they proposed bounties. July 2017

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jul/26/idaho-may-offer-hunting-bounties-for-bad-wolves-al/%3famp-content=amp

Is this really where we are going to address the elephant in the room concerning religion and lack thereof amongst our members?

Perhaps we need a thread for that, since atheism gets rubbed in everyone’s face from time to time.

I keep my beliefs to myself, and try to set that example for others.

If anyone wants to discuss wolves, this is the thread to do it. If anyone wants to run the topic off track to religion, this is not the the thread to do it. Any more talk of religion in this thread will get it locked down.

Mission:

The Foundation For Wildlife Management is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to promote ungulate population recovery in areas negatively impacted by wolves, assist Idaho Department of Fish and Game in meeting their wolf management objectives, promote youth in the outdoors, and to educate the general pubic on the negative impact the successful reintroduction of wolves has had on our ungulate populations.

Managing Wolves is Expensive and Hard Work

F4WM helps hunters and trappers actively manage wolves by reimbursing them for their operational costs. Trappers easily spend thousands of dollars in fuel, time, and effort while continuously checking traps in the back-country. Without their dedication, wolf populations will continue to reach unacceptable levels and ungulate populations will continue to decline.

​

F4WM also facilitates educational seminars and demonstrations to help educate our membership, and youth, on ethical methods of wolf hunting and trapping. The more knowledge our membership shares with one another the more successful we become at managing our wolf populations. Furthermore, todays youth are the future of wildlife management, and for that reason, F4WM strongly promotes exposure of our youth to hunting, trapping, and other predator management practices.

Our Efficiency is Unmatched

F4WM has removed 415+ wolves with just over $225,000 membership and sponsor dollars, with zero tax funding. That's less than $550 per wolf, solely funded by Sportsmen and concerned citizens.

Without the F4WM program, the US Dept of Agriculture's Wildlife Services, would have to be employed through the Idaho Wolf Control Board to remove the same wolves. Their average expense to investigate livestock depredations and remove problem wolves averaged $9005 per wolf in 2016, and $8003 per wolf in early 2017, much of which is funded by Idaho tax dollars.

Harvest Reimbursement

We work with Sportsmen and Idahos Predator Biologist to determine what areas Idaho Ungulates (Moose, Elk, & Deer) have been most negatively impacted by wolf predation. We then designate reimbursement zones based on those and other factors. December 1st to March 31st have proven to require more time, energy and financial investment for hunters to be successful. Where as a person may stumble upon a wolf while Elk or Deer hunting during the fall hunting season with very little invested. At the same time, Trappers consistently spend more due to mandatory trap check times, which require more time in the field. For these reasons we designate reimbursement amounts accordingly.

​

​

2018 / 2019 Season Reimbursement Amounts

Statewide
• Any legally trapped Idaho wolf $500

• Any legally hunted Idaho wolf $250

• Any legally hunted Idaho wolf December 1–March 31 $500

Increased Reimbursement Zones

(All Panhandle units and all units not meeting IDFG Elk objectives.)

(Valid for all trapped wolves. Valid for all hunted wolves December 1–March 31.)

$750 Per Wolf

$1,000 Per Wolf

The Reimbursement Process

​

There are 3 main requirements to be eligible for reimbursement.

​

1.Your membership must be authorized prior to harvest

2.Upon harvesting, send us a copy of your expense receipts for the amount you wish to be reimbursed for (up to the amount offered for the unit your harvest took place in).

3.Include with your receipts a copy of your Idaho Fish and Game check in slip proving it was a legal harvest.

When you meet those 3 requirements, we process your reimbursement and send you a check. You keep the Wolf.

​

With the help of your membership or donation, F4WM is able to help hunters and trappers offset high operating costs with a reimbursement for each wolf harvested.

Please help us today

Back