6DTI kills

yotehunter243

As crops are coming out I've been hitting the open ditches and fence rows I normally cant call from lack of cover. The 6DTI and 70gr BT have been working well.

9bMUCIP.jpg

vPgrwU8.jpg

Last edited:
This is the only one I have shot with the 6 dti so far. It sounded like someone kicked a watermelon when the 55gr nosler hit her in the chest.
Dcmrgd6.jpg

I was shooting my 22" 6 dti with a silencerco harvester, and my buddy was shooting his 20" rock river predator with a silencerco harvester. And we couldn't tell a bit of difference in sound. I have an adjustable gas block and jp h2 silent capture spring, and his is stock off the shelf. But I doubt that would make much of a difference.

Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlThis is the only one I have shot with the 6 dti so far. It sounded like someone kicked a watermelon when the 55gr nosler hit her in the chest.
Dcmrgd6.jpg

Nice kill, what load are you running

Originally Posted By: kswaterfowl55gr nosler bt with 31.5gr h322. They are running right around 3620 fps.

That’s smoking! I’m using 31.8 of Benchmark pushing the 55 BT and get swiping n ejector marks at 3550. I tried H322 a little bit but kept getting a flyer so I switched to Benchmark. I might havta try H322 again. What length barrel?

I'm running a 22" barrel. Every once in a while I will get an ejector mark. But the primers and brass still look good, so I don't worry about it. I use sellier & bellot brass, and my oal is 2.278".

I’m using crappy Hornady brass. I might havta switch. Off the topic, I tried uploading pics on this thread but forgot photobucket sucks now. How are you guys uploading photos now?

for max speeds I have found h322 and TAC to be the huckleberry. The problem with benchmark and 8208 is they are too slow and you end up running out of case space with them. TAC is slow but it has better load density, ie you can fit more in the case. 748 is supposed to be even faster but I never have tried it. all this is if you are trying to push 55-60 grain bullets. I haven't shot anything heavier than 65 grains out of mine yet.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter24329.5gr of 4895 right around 3150fps. Inhave lots of room for more speed but it's a single hole shooter. It's great on fur

H4895 or IMR 4895?

Back