Primos Alpha Dogg???

They're good, they are handy and work well. I had to send mine back and they replaced it. I believe one of the speakers blew up. Good customer service. I have talked to others who have had issues with the unit as well.. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably spend the extra $$ and get a Foxpro.

Buddy & I each have had a PAD for 3 years - with no problems.
We have run them at the same time spread out on same set with separate sounds to create a pack effect.
We're pleased & would do it again.

Can't beat it for the $$. Loud, clear sound (with good batteries, like all callers), color remote, built in stand, hunt sequences included. Unless you get a bad one, which can happen with any brand, nothing compares in it's price range.

Haven't had a PAD-----But My Fox-Pro Banshee sure is a great call--My Buddy is going to trade his PAD for one this fall---------BET You'll like the FPB too-------------------------svb

I've had two of them. The first one made a soft puttering noise so I sent it back. Bought a new one from a different dealer and it did the same thing. Got rid of that one too.

Ended up buying a refurb Shockwave from APC. I have called in more coyotes in two months with the Shockwave then I did in a year with the Alpha Dogg.

That's just my experience and my two cents is to stay away from it.

If you are considering the Boss Dogg...it is the heaviest caller I've ever picked up. Takes some monster batteries too. Can't speak on its performance.

I have one and have owned a foxpro inferno, fusion and cs-24. Its a good call but its my opinion that the foxpro sounds are what set them apart to me they sound alot clearer and there customer service is much better than primos. I have an older primos alpha dogg that needed an update to be able to save sequences and it took 4 phone calls to be able to get it and the customer service people were completely worthless and were adamant that the call was bad. That being said its decent I have kept it to have a backup call and it is loud the only foxpro call that was as loud as the alpha dogg was the cs-24.

So I took a vacation day and took my second PAD out for a quick hunt on Wednesday morning and the dang speaker started crackling just like the first PAD did. Can't play any coyote vocals on a volume level above 50%.
When I sent the first one in, they took about six weeks to determine it couldn't be repaired and sent me a new one under warranty.
I'll send this one back too, to have it fixed or replaced. This time I'll buy a Foxpro Fusion or Hammerjack and sell the new one for a good price. If anyone is interested, HMU and you can have first dibs on the new one.

Scratch that, I did some digging and read that low battery power can cause the speakers to crackle also. Put fresh ones in and the caller seems fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reloader326So I took a vacation day and took my second PAD out for a quick hunt on Wednesday morning and the dang speaker started crackling just like the first PAD did. Can't play any coyote vocals on a volume level above 50%.
When I sent the first one in, they took about six weeks to determine it couldn't be repaired and sent me a new one under warranty.
I'll send this one back too, to have it fixed or replaced. This time I'll buy a Foxpro Fusion or Hammerjack and sell the new one for a good price. If anyone is interested, HMU and you can have first dibs on the new one.

Scratch that, I did some digging and read that low battery power can cause the speakers to crackle also. Put fresh ones in and the caller seems fine.

I had the same problem at first with the weak batteries and cracking vocals. Weak Batteries.
My latest problem is a loose wire in the battery pack. I haven't pulled anything apart yet to find out what's loose but a little bumping/jarring usually gets things going again.
My only other problem with the Alpha Dog is the remote, although I should have looked into it more before buying. It's a Line of Sight remote which caught me off guard the first few sets. I don't get out too much but a RF remote would be much better IMO.

The alpha dogg remote is one of its best qualities. It'll work up, down, sideways, in a hole, around a building. The only bad thing is that the screen never goes to sleep.

I like my Alpha Dogg. Works fine with good battery life although I carry twenty or more rechargeable batteries at all times. I call low 99% of the time but even on high have not had any distortion. Good inexpensive caller that gets the job done. I hunt mostly in the East.

Back