What's your favorite coon bait for dogproofs

cambo0420

Hey guys so I have been using plain old tuna and marshmellows and my catch rate has been mediocre. Any baits you guys would recommend to a newbie? Thanks

Marshmallow, dry cat food. Corn, bird seed, tinfoil, the list is endless with coons. They'll go for about anything. Heck I've even used banana extract poured onto a paper towel.

Big white marshmallows at my house for quick and easy. Leave a couple on the ground for starters and get their sweet tooth activated.

Originally Posted By: scheideI have had good luck with catfish food sprayed down with some liquid smoke and cherry oil.

I was going to say fish food, shaken in a five gallon bucket with Beast Feast.

fd576004-4e9c-4525-a5f3-297e2dba0660_1.f5a0fe3fced9985206bfb331add08947.jpeg

The big fat Marshmallows worked real well for me a few years ago when I had problems with coons getting into my daughter's chickens.

Dry catfood, shellcorn, molasses, and calf milk replacer. A marshmallow on the trigger.

Mix the dry ingredients and then add the molasses to just get it to stick together a little bit.

Peanut butter or some anise oil mixed w/ Vaseline. Apply nearby as a scent. Fish works great. Get some shellfish oil from F&T
at FNTPOST.com.. When ordering from FNT you will get merchandise by 3rd day after order, depending on distance from Alpena, MI.

I get mine next day or drive over and get it if I need a day out.

floating catfish food sprayed with liquid smoke.i place it on a cookie sheet, put the smoke in a spray bottle and mist it. I pour it into a old water bottle to carry to the sets.undo the cap and pour into the dp. I like a marshmallow under the trigger, gives them something soft to feel.

Back