Preseason setup

RandyDB

Getting setup for this coming season. Added better tie downs on my receiver bike carriier Added an ammo box (saddle bag) to left side of bike. Can carry shooting sticks, seat, call, rifle, and extra battery for bike.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice setup. Been thinking about an electric bike foe a while. I have a Polaris Ranger EV Li Ion (Li Ion electric), but would like something I don’t have to trailer. Any info to shorten the learning curve on the bike would be appreciated.

I have an electric 4x4 also, but like you said a pain to trailer and unload. With the bike and the receiver motorcycle carrier just makes it more convenient, especially backing or turning around in the middle of the road. 4x4 is quiet but the bike is even more so. Plus with the 4x4 I would have to find cover to hide it and still walk at least 100yds from it to call. I have laid the bike down within feet from where I set up. Can get down narrow trails, such as cattle paths or the likes.

Caring gear can be a challenge but remedied that with the scabbard,rear rack, ammo box saddle bag setup and a back pack. I have been using a drag to drag out kills but this is an extra drag on the battery. This year I plan on covering more area with the bike, calling 5-10 mile stretches of ground before returning to the truck. Will be skinning in the field if the pelt is good. I use to buy and sell fur and could skin a warm coyote in under 5 minutes after hanging, but that was in my 30's may take a couple more now that I'm in the 60+ group.

Plan on buying an extra battery with more AH that will fit in the ammo box just in case. This with give me a range of over 60 miles using pedal assist, which I always do.

You should check Sondors out. Because you are in Colorado you may want to get the more powerful one because of the terrain. A bike like mine sells for around the $900.00 mark. Here is a link. https://sondors.com/

Thats a neat setup Randy. I'm thinking I need something like that. You should bring that up and we can do some calling, so I can check it out.

Weather gets a little cooler I'll give you a shout. Been seeing a lot of coyotes around McNetts. I have been putting on a fertilizer called sludge it is a by product from the chicken nugget processing and dairy products for a farm down here. Stinks really bad but draws the coyotes in.

You need one of those bike will save you a lot of steps and is quick getting in and out.

We don't get much snow or below Zero temp. It does well across most ground except freshly worked. Lot of no till here.

That's a pretty slick set up. I could see me using something like that for my trips up to the upper peninsula of Michigan during the fall. Thanks for sharing the info!

Back