Modern civilization ~ the systems are failing

When a person goes through life not knowing what the purpose of their life is for, then they would be lost. However, it's possible for people who were once lost to be found.

Last edited:
I think the problem are the people that go through life thinking that their purpose in life is to build and build, destroy and rebuild in their image, gain as much frivolous junk as possible and all the people that follow along thinking this is the purpose of life and trying to gain the same status.

The people our civilization think are at the pinnacle of success are really just the equivalent of the kings of the hill in an elementary playground.

And here's were I go further off the deep end and join views with what many conservatives view as the enemy.... For the last few centuries technologically advanced civilizations have traveled the globe eliminating down to earth spiritually advanced civilizations. This is where I think western civilization should be smashed. We wouldn't be here if Native Americans joined forces and sunk every white man's ship that arrived at their shores, same goes for the Australian Aborigines and countless other groups of people that were dominated and rendered irrelevant by a small group of people that had a superiority complex and were more advanced in building destructive devices.

Superiority complexes, greed and destruction got us to where we are now and destruction, greed and superiority complexes are where we are now. Most everyone knows more about the car they drive and the phone they carry than the dirt they walk on and the air they breathe, that isn't success or advancement, it's as fake as theater. It won't get better until people start to understand and the fake technological facade crumbles, the earth and our creator are the past, present and future and that's where success is.

Don't forget the "New frontier,... A.I." It's here and the we are ol' so smart crowd can't wait to try and change mankind again. This should be very interesting. However, in the end it won't matter anyway. Mankind can't even change a storm, much less control it.

Originally Posted By: bluealteredDon't forget the "New frontier,... A.I." It's here and the we are ol' so smart crowd can't wait to try and change mankind again. This should be very interesting. However, in the end it won't matter anyway. Mankind can't even change a storm, much less control it.

But actually we can. Think Haarp

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI think the problem are the people that go through life thinking that their purpose in life is to build and build, destroy and rebuild in their image, gain as much frivolous junk as possible and all the people that follow along thinking this is the purpose of life and trying to gain the same status.

The people our civilization think are at the pinnacle of success are really just the equivalent of the kings of the hill in an elementary playground.

And here's were I go further off the deep end and join views with what many conservatives view as the enemy.... For the last few centuries technologically advanced civilizations have traveled the globe eliminating down to earth spiritually advanced civilizations. This is where I think western civilization should be smashed. We wouldn't be here if Native Americans joined forces and sunk every white man's ship that arrived at their shores, same goes for the Australian Aborigines and countless other groups of people that were dominated and rendered irrelevant by a small group of people that had a superiority complex and were more advanced in building destructive devices.

Superiority complexes, greed and destruction got us to where we are now and destruction, greed and superiority complexes are where we are now. Most everyone knows more about the car they drive and the phone they carry than the dirt they walk on and the air they breathe, that isn't success or advancement, it's as fake as theater. It won't get better until people start to understand and the fake technological facade crumbles, the earth and our creator are the past, present and future and that's where success is.

Spiritually advanced civilizations.... Do explain

Originally Posted By: littledawgOriginally Posted By: Rock KnockerI think the problem are the people that go through life thinking that their purpose in life is to build and build, destroy and rebuild in their image, gain as much frivolous junk as possible and all the people that follow along thinking this is the purpose of life and trying to gain the same status.

Spiritually advanced civilizations.... Do explain

Aw shucks, that one’s simple...
How about those spiritually advanced Mayans??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Maya_culture

“During the pre-Columbian era, human sacrifice in Maya culture was the ritual offering of nourishment to the gods. Blood was viewed as a potent source of nourishment for the Maya deities, and the sacrifice of a living creature was a powerful blood offering. By extension, the sacrifice of a human life was the ultimate offering of blood to the gods, and the most important Maya rituals culminated in human sacrifice. Generally only high status prisoners of war were sacrificed, with lower status captives being used for labour.[1]

Human sacrifice among the Maya is evident from at least the Classic period (c. AD 250–900) right through to the final stages of the Spanish conquest in the 17th century. Human sacrifice is depicted in Classic Maya art, is mentioned in Classic period hieroglyphic texts and has been verified archaeologically by analysis of skeletal remains from the Classic and Postclassic (c. AD 900–1524) periods. Additionally, human sacrifice is described in a number of late Maya and early Spanish colonial texts, including the Madrid Codex, the K'iche' epic Popol Vuh, the K'iche' Título de Totonicapán, the K'iche' language Rabinal Achi, the Annals of the Kaqchikels, the Yucatec Songs of Dzitbalche and Diego de Landa's Relación de las cosas de Yucatán.

A variety of methods were used by the ancient Maya to perform human sacrifice, such as:

Decapitation Edit
Important rituals such as the dedication of major building projects or the enthronement of a new ruler required a human sacrificial offering. The sacrifice of an enemy king was the most prized offering, and such a sacrifice involved decapitation of the captive ruler in a ritual reenactment of the decapitation of the Maya maize god by the Maya death gods.[1] In AD 738, the vassal king K'ak' Tiliw Chan Yopaat of Quiriguá captured his overlord, Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil of Copán and a few days later he ritually decapitated him;[2] such royal sacrifices were often recorded in Maya script with the "ax event" glyph. The decapitation of an enemy king may have been performed as part of a ritual ballgame reenacting the victory of the Maya Hero Twins over the gods of the underworld.[

Sacrifice by decapitation is depicted in Classic period Maya art, and sometimes took place after the victim was tortured, being variously beaten, scalped, burnt or disembowelled.[3] Sacrifice by decapitation is depicted on reliefs at Chichen Itza in two of the ballcourts (the Great Ballcourt and the Monjas Ballcourt).[4] The Hero Twins myth recounted in the Popol Vuh relates how one of each pair of twins (the Hero Twins themselves and their father and uncle) was decapitated by their ballgame opponents.[5]

Heart removal Edit
During the Postclassic period (c. 900–1524) the most common form of human sacrifice was heart extraction, influenced by the method used by the Aztecs in the Valley of Mexico;[1] this usually took place in the courtyard of a temple, or upon the summit of the pyramid-temple.[6] The sacrifice was stripped and painted blue, which was the colour representing sacrifice, and was made to wear a peaked headdress.[7]

Four blue-painted attendants representing the four Chaacs of the cardinal directions stretched the sacrifice out over a convex stone that pushed the victim's chest upwards;[7] An official referred to as a nacom in Landa's Relación de las cosas de Yucatán used a sacrificial knife made from flint to cut into the ribs just below the victim's left breast and pull out the still-beating heart.[8] The nacom then passed the heart to the officiating priest, or chilan, who smeared blood upon the image of the temple's deity.

Depending upon the exact ritual, sometimes the four Chaacs would throw the corpse down the pyramid steps to the courtyard below, where it would be skinned by assistant priests, except for the hands and feet. The chilan would then remove his ritual attire and dress himself in the skin of the sacrificial victim before performing a ritual dance that symbolised the rebirth of life. If it was a notably courageous warrior who had been sacrificed, then the corpse would be cut into portions and parts would be eaten by attending warriors and other bystanders. The hands and feet were given to the chilan who, if they had belonged to a war captive, wore the bones as a trophy.[6] Archaeological investigations indicate that heart sacrifice was practised as early as the Classic period.[9]”

Spirituality has always advanced civilizations....
Well, at least the survivors.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rock Knocker
We wouldn't be here if Native Americans joined forces and sunk every white man's ship that arrived at their shores...

Maybe if they would have joined forces and developed an effective vaccine for small pox and measles.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: Rock Knocker
We wouldn't be here if Native Americans joined forces and sunk every white man's ship that arrived at their shores...

Maybe if they would have joined forces and developed an effective vaccine for small pox and measles.

- DAA

Yep,
thumbup1.gif

read up on “Manifest Destiny” if you want to know more about spiritually advanced (or spirituality advancing) civilizations.

Yeah, and Christians of the same time and later would make the Mayans and Aztecs blush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappenheimer_family

"They were pointed out by an arrested thief, and arrested in the middle of the night, taken from their beds and brought to jail, accused of having assisted the thief in murdering pregnant women for the purpose of making candles out of their unbaptized fetuses.

On the order of the duke Maximilian I (Elector of Bavaria), they were taken to Munich, and exposed to torture so fierce they confessed to anything they were accused of or questioned about. They were made responsible for every unsolved crime that had occurred in Bavaria in the later years and confessed to hundreds of thefts and murders. They admitted sorcery and pointed out over four hundred accomplices.

In Münich 29. July 1600, six persons were executed in the following manner: The vagabond and beggar Paul Gämperl was impaled, his wife had her breasts cut off, and both herself and two of her sons had those breasts smeared onto their mouths. In addition, two other men and associates were executed, and all six were pinched with glowing pincers. Their arms were broken on the wheel, and they were afterwards burnt alive.

They had confessed to being devoted to the Devil, and with his help, in particular by making a devilish, magic salve, to have contributed to the deaths of at least 400 children and more than 50 old people by having applied that salve. Also, they had conjured up bad weather, killed cows in the field, robbed churches and sold to the Jews the holy wafers.

The 27. November 1600 was the next batch of the gang executed. This was a mother and her two daughter, as well as two other men. The last to be executed was the 12-year-old son of Paul Gämperl, who in the intervening time had been baptized and given the name Cyprian. However, that did not help him, he was first strangled, and then his corpse was burned. The other 5 were burnt alive. Cyprian was condemned for having performed 8 murders on his own. The members of the whole group had, under torture, admitted to having contributed to the deaths of over 400 children, having killed, by means of sorcery, 39 individuals, and admitted 62 murders besides."

How many people has our "greater civilization" burned alive for being witches, or Nights Templar for scaring the pope. People drawn and quartered to have bits and pieces of their body spread through out the kingdom to ward others off. People skinned alive, have their lungs cut out of their back, genitalia removed and shoved into their mouth and huge amounts of torture in general. Or even hunting licenses issued to kill African tribe members in the 20th century.

Besides, the Aztecs and Mayans were hated by everyone around them. That's why a couple hundred Spaniards were able to destroy the huge Aztec empire in a third of the time it took us to find Bin Laden. Most groups were not starting wars and sacrificing people.

There have been countless numbers of peaceful groups trying to live off the land, learn about what they were given instead of learning how to create more, killed or enslaved.

My history is a little fuzzy but didn't the Spaniards land first and make slaves out of the Native Americans? Didn't the Spaniards teach Catholicism to the Native Americans long before the white Lewis and Clark arrived?

Arent the Australian natives originally from Asia or some other place? I wonder who they killed when taking over.

I only got a C in history so maybe I'm wrong.

Sometimes I think a little judicious application of auto da-fe in the public square might be good for society. If it were up to me, I'd turn it around though. Burn sexual predators that prey on kids at the stake. See, I don't think torture and burning at the stake is all bad, just depends on who is burning who. I'm wired kind of primitive though.

- DAA

A journalist asked Mahatma Ghandi what he thought of western civilization. He replied, "I think it would be a good idea."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerYeah, and Christians of the same time and later would make the Mayans and Aztecs blush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappenheimer_family

"They were pointed out by an arrested thief, and arrested in the middle of the night, taken from their beds and brought to jail, accused of having assisted the thief in murdering pregnant women for the purpose of making candles out of their unbaptized fetuses.

On the order of the duke Maximilian I (Elector of Bavaria), they were taken to Munich, and exposed to torture so fierce they confessed to anything they were accused of or questioned about. They were made responsible for every unsolved crime that had occurred in Bavaria in the later years and confessed to hundreds of thefts and murders. They admitted sorcery and pointed out over four hundred accomplices.

In Münich 29. July 1600, six persons were executed in the following manner: The vagabond and beggar Paul Gämperl was impaled, his wife had her breasts cut off, and both herself and two of her sons had those breasts smeared onto their mouths. In addition, two other men and associates were executed, and all six were pinched with glowing pincers. Their arms were broken on the wheel, and they were afterwards burnt alive.

They had confessed to being devoted to the Devil, and with his help, in particular by making a devilish, magic salve, to have contributed to the deaths of at least 400 children and more than 50 old people by having applied that salve. Also, they had conjured up bad weather, killed cows in the field, robbed churches and sold to the Jews the holy wafers.

The 27. November 1600 was the next batch of the gang executed. This was a mother and her two daughter, as well as two other men. The last to be executed was the 12-year-old son of Paul Gämperl, who in the intervening time had been baptized and given the name Cyprian. However, that did not help him, he was first strangled, and then his corpse was burned. The other 5 were burnt alive. Cyprian was condemned for having performed 8 murders on his own. The members of the whole group had, under torture, admitted to having contributed to the deaths of over 400 children, having killed, by means of sorcery, 39 individuals, and admitted 62 murders besides."

How many people has our "greater civilization" burned alive for being witches, or Nights Templar for scaring the pope. People drawn and quartered to have bits and pieces of their body spread through out the kingdom to ward others off. People skinned alive, have their lungs cut out of their back, genitalia removed and shoved into their mouth and huge amounts of torture in general. Or even hunting licenses issued to kill African tribe members in the 20th century.

Besides, the Aztecs and Mayans were hated by everyone around them. That's why a couple hundred Spaniards were able to destroy the huge Aztec empire in a third of the time it took us to find Bin Laden. Most groups were not starting wars and sacrificing people.

There have been countless numbers of peaceful groups trying to live off the land, learn about what they were given instead of learning how to create more, killed or enslaved.

"There have been countless numbers of peaceful groups trying to live off the land, learn about what they were given instead of learning how to create more, killed or enslaved."

I don't believe this to ever be a true fact... Perhaps some folks on modern-day welfare, but it goes against basic human nature to create less.

I'm not saying that everything western white Johnny did to the natives was right, but the natives were not deer caught in the headlights innocent either. The wisdom of hindsight and judging others past actions by today's standards makes people think they are smart or civilized.

Some believe the natives from the North American continent are descendants of the wicked Laminate's who slaughtered all the Nephites, who were all Christians at some point in time.

Originally Posted By: DAASometimes I think a little judicious application of auto da-fe in the public square might be good for society. If it were up to me, I'd turn it around though. Burn sexual predators that prey on kids at the stake. See, I don't think torture and burning at the stake is all bad, just depends on who is burning who. I'm wired kind of primitive though.

- DAA

I’m good with that too.
How about we start with a god’s chosen representatives who rape children in a god’s own house?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.html

“The report, which covered six of the state’s eight Catholic dioceses and found more than 1,000 identifiable victims, is the broadest examination yet by a government agency in the United States of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. The report said there are likely thousands more victims whose records were lost or who were too afraid to come forward.”

Last edited:
Quote:How about we start with a god’s chosen representatives who rape children in a god’s own house?

I'm not convinced that god chose those people nor that it is god's house.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Back