Bushnell 6500 Elite?

pyscodog

I bought the Elite 6500, 2.5x16x42, on Saturday. Scope was NIB from a local store. At the time, I wasn't aware it was a discontinued model, but the price was very good so I bought it. I got it mounted on my rifle and went to the range on Sunday to get it dialed in. Needless to say, I'm not to impressed with the scope. I have two cheap Bushnell's, the X-treme models, and the glass is very clear. Not so much on the 6500. Seems no matter what I do, I can't get the scope to clear up. Seems everything is just a little hazy looking. After returning from the range, I sent Bushnell an e-mail and told them about the issues but as of today, I have got no response.

Dang! I was afraid of that, Bill. I was hoping that yours would be different than the one I bought was. Can you take it back to the store? They would have to be better to deal with than the Bushnell service department. I told you earlier that my dealings with them really soured me on ever buying a new Bushnell anything.

These things seem to be very inconsistent with regard to their optical quality. I've noticed the same thing with Vortex scopes that are anything less than their Razor line, too.

My dad put a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 on his 6-06AI and I was pleasantly surprised because it turned out to be a much better scope than I ever thought it was going to be. But, I've seen multiple other 6500's since and they were everything from pretty decent to something that looked like you looking through a screen door.

Originally Posted By: B23These things seem to be very inconsistent with regard to their optical quality. I've noticed the same thing with Vortex scopes that are anything less than their Razor line, too.

My dad put a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 on his 6-06AI and I was pleasantly surprised because it turned out to be a much better scope than I ever thought it was going to be. But, I've seen multiple other 6500's since and they were everything from pretty decent to something that looked like you looking through a screen door.

That's what happened to me several years ago. I was aghast at how fuzzy my new 6500 was when the power was cranked up. Everyone that looked through my scope commented how fuzzy it was. I sent it back to Bushnell and incredibly they sent it right back to me with a note saying that it met their standards for optical quality! "Optical quality"? It about as clear as looking through a beer mug. I called their service dept and had a VERY lengthy discussion and finally got them to take the scope back in exchange for a 4200 which I still have.I have several Bushnell scopes (all 3200 and 4200 models) on guns in my safe and all clear as gin. But after the crap 6500 I had and the trouble I had trying to get them to make it right took care of me ever wanting to do business with them ever again.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI tried to call Customer Service and was put on eternal hold. Never got to talk with anyone. I guess I'll try later.

Good luck, Bill. And I doubt that all their service reps are assisting happy customers.

I spent over an hour and finally had to demand a supervisor. Then and only then did they agree to send me another scope. Dicks.

I'm going to let some friends look through it.Heck it may be these old eyes. Twenty five years under a welding hood has took its toll.

thumbup1.gif

Hope you get this taken care of... my dealings with Bushnell customer service haven't been good. I don't care what the price is I'll never buy another one.

This is to bad. Bushnell has been around forever to have crappy customer service. Just shows what they care about most.....filling their pockets.

I know where there is a bushy 4200 4-16x50 sf duplex as new in box with the hang tag on it and everything. They are asking 330. PM me if you want a link to the ad. Maybe they will just refund your money. I am tempted to buy it myself.

This close to the season opening and the scope is still very usable, I think I'll wait till after the season is over to send it in.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThis close to the season opening and the scope is still very usable, I think I'll wait till after the season is over to send it in.

I hope they dont do you like they did me and send it back to me telling me flat out (and everyone else that looked through the blurry thing) that there was nothing wrong with it.

Never bought another Bushnell after that.

Bill, offer still stands. I am going to Bushnell Monday. I will ask WTH is going on with these. Makes me nervous as I just put one on my old F class rifle. I tossed back and forth on a NF and the 6500, went with the 6500 as I am with I driving distance.

jsh-You can ask them for sure and let me know what they say about it. I kinda hate to yank the scope off this close to season. Although its not as if I don't have other rifles. Please let me know what they have to say!!!

I just sent in a bushnell ar223 scope that I purchased second hand from a forum. No questions asked, they just sent me a new scope. Took about 2 weeks.

I just sent in a bushnell ar223 scope that I purchased second hand from a forum. No questions asked, they just sent me a new scope. Took about 2 weeks. Yes, I had to call them. No answers to email.

Back