Cold weather coveralls

Nerdthan

I’m looking for a good warm pair of cold weather bib style coveralls, what do ou all wear and recommend. Winter in my area is usaully -10/-25 celcious.

The real question is: how much walking do you do?

My winter clothing has kept me warm in -15 degree weather. However, it absolutley sucks when hiking any distance into a spot, or tracking coyotes or cats. It's far too bulky and heavy, and if there's 6"-10" of snow on the ground it's even worse.

I'm personally switching to Sitka or First Lite. It's expensive, but I need lighter, more efficient clothing for what I do.

I do a lot of walking and cover lots of distance, I’m a carpenter by trade and where quilted Carhartt for work and they are amazing I just can’t find a Camo pair

I wear carhartt bibs and coat and have cabelas snow camo light covers that go over and work great. You may want to treat them as they get wet they tend to drop a bit. But thats what i use.

King's camo arctic fleece. Waterproof, breathable,warm. Mostly I just wear a thin polypropylene base layer under them(pants they have bibs to)and I'm good to 0(real 0 not the fake zero)walking and calling here in Mn. For long stands( I have some spots where I sit for as long as 2 hours in the afternoon I use a foam cushion as extra insulation from the snow). They are called storm fleece or guide fleece now.

Last edited:
If you do a lot of walking in the cold - I'd recommend a pair of wool bibs, (Army Surplus) and wear a Anorak over them in windy conditions. Anorak's can be found from north European countries as army surplus sales or you can go first class and have them made or purchase from custom makers. Here's a great custom winter clothing shop.
https://empirecanvasworks.com/canvas/

Originally Posted By: NerdthanI do a lot of walking and cover lots of distance, I’m a carpenter by trade and where quilted Carhartt for work and they are amazing I just can’t find a Camo pair

I can't even remember the last time that I wore camo while coyote hunting. I just set up against a backdrop, usually cedar trees on fence lines around here. I wear green Carhartt bibs. Brown might work better for your country depending on what your backdrop is likely to be.
Setting still with a good backdrop is more important than camo IMO.

Hey Nerdtham.....Living in FL I am not as knowledgeable about warm clothing as lots of cold climate guys on here.

That being said, I went on a bow hunting trip in Wisconsin several years ago in blowing snow and I had purchased some ScentBlocker outer wear that kept me warm in a tree stand. Might be something for you to consider.

https://scentblocker.factoryoutletstore....ogitemid=545108

Last edited:
Back