Varmint hunting in WV.

mtboy

I am a native Montanan relocated to Morgantown,WV. What kind of critters do the locals have to shoot at to help the local farmers and ranchers? I have a supressed 17HMR, .204, .223, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington AI, and a couple larger ones to use.

Well, we here in the east go west to shoot critters if that tells you anything. We do have some ghogs, fox and a few coyote but not the numbers you are probably used to. It could be worse as WV is better than a lot of the eastern states.

Originally Posted By: mtboyI am a native Montanan relocated to Morgantown,WV. What kind of critters do the locals have to shoot at to help the local farmers and ranchers? I have a supressed 17HMR, .204, .223, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington AI, and a couple larger ones to use.

You will not find much help here, as not many WV people on site. Coyote hunting here is totally different than what you are use to. There are coyotes around, just have to knock on doors to get permission to hunt them.

I found a nice range about 50 miles south of me and a real nice indoor range about a mile from me, that's a start. Just gotta start meeting people and go from there, that's how I got onto the big ranches out west.

Been working on the house here in Morgantown lately. A couple new windows, new roof, fresh interior paint, some flooring and maybe some more insulation in the attic.I did get hooked up with a range near by and just started working up some loads and fire forming brass.

Back