Remington 22 Hornet brass

O.B. Wallace

Is Remington no longer making 22 Hornet brass. Only seen it in loaded 22 Hornet 35 grain from Remington....anyone know of resource for reloading this great little round.

I have seen some Winchester brass on the shelf at Sportsmans Warehouse in the last couple weeks. That is the only 22 Hornet brass I have seen.

There was a discussion on another site about Rem being so busy manufacturing loaded ammo that they are producing very little reloading components.

I saw some Hornet brass at Sportsmans Warehouse today in Grand Junction. I don't know what brand Winchester or Star maybe.

Originally Posted By: Mike BGuess I own a buncha collectors items..lol! Originally Posted By: Mike BGuess I own a buncha collectors items..lol! Mike, sure would like to take like 50 round off your hands....would you consider selling a guy few cases?

I reload the .22 Hornet (T/C Contender) and finding brass can be a pain in the butt. I picked up a few hundred cases of Winchester the last time I was at my local Cabela's. I've seen some PPU brass, but no Remington or Federal.

If you want a lead a futile search, try looking for factory 7-30 Waters brass!!!

The bad thing about Hornet brass is there is nothing you can make it from, 7/30 Waters has a readily available parent case and easily formed.

I saw a bag of 22 Hornet today at the local reloading cave. It was Winchester.

Winchester is superb brass. I would choose it any day over REM.

I've seen Hornady and PPU brass, and that's about it. Thankfully, I stocked up on Winchester brass a long time ago, because both the Hornady and PPU are awful pricey, if you ask me.

I bought loaded 22 Hornet and 17 Hornet cheaper than I could buy brass a few years back when I needed some, makes no sense to me.

Back