Can size assistance

Tracker0721

So I’ve got a CZ 527 in 223 and I’m getting a Ruger predator 243 and it’s time I get a suppressor. Can I get a can for the 243 and use it for the 223 too? Will it still suppress the 223? My CZ isn’t threaded yet so I can thread it to match the Rugers threads. The 243 would be my primary I want suppressed.

I was one of the chumps twirling my thumbs waiting on the hearing protection act or something grand and my buddies pointed out I’ve been waiting for years and could’ve been using my suppressor for a couple seasons now.

I ran across the Texas Silencer Company and their hunter. Neat idea with different end caps for 223, 243, 308 etc. But there seems to be tons of good reviews on TBAC

Might have a gunsmith or machinist check your barrel on the cz. Irrc, its not big enough diameter to get 1/2×28 threads on anything longer than about 15 inches

Last edited:
She’s got a bull barrel on her, should have plenty of meat. I should say I’m hoping to stay under 700-800. Dunno if that’s possible though. I know the whole “buy once, cry once” and “get what you pay for” buttttt I’m selling another rifle and will use those funds to fund this. Kinda cutting back the stable and getting the guns/ accessories I’ve wanted and losing the impulse and “good deal” purchases.

I’m considering the Harvester too. It’s well inside my price range with a 20% discount right now and all I own is bolt or break opens so I don’t need the full auto handling.

Ive got both omega and harvester....go omega. Way more versatile. Yes the Harvester is a great can but it doesn't compare to the flexibility you get with the Omega

I agree. I hear the harvester is a great can but the length alone would stop me. It might not seem like a big difference but when you start adding a bunch of length to the gun every inch is quite noticeable.

If you get a can for a 6mm (243) you want a 5/8" thread and could do a 5/8" thread on your CZ if it is a varmint model but if is an American you need to go with 1/2" thread and get an adapter from 1/2" to 5/8"

Back