good to 100 y can't make it to 200y

How could parralax adjustment possibly explain one bullet out of five not hitting the 200 yard target? Feel free to include aliens in the explanation as I think they'd necessarily have to be involved.

Seriously how could that possibly have anything whatsoever to do with it?

There are only two possible explanations for it I can think of. Both things that are common as dirt.

Originally Posted By: DAAHow could parralax adjustment possibly explain one bullet out of five not hitting the 200 yard target? Feel free to include aliens in the explanation as I think they'd necessarily have to be involved.

Seriously how could that possibly have anything whatsoever to do with it?

There are only two possible explanations for it I can think of. Both things that are common as dirt.

That's a 12x12 target.. I have missed targets at that size at 300 yards because of parallax adjustment.. That's only 6 inches to one side or another.. If parallax is not set correctly or got a bad scope, It is possible.. Dan

And FWIW if I'm really trying to shoot tight groups I don't depend on parallax adjustment. I get it as close as I can on GP but I depend on leaving a black ring and letting my eyes center it which humans are super good at.

- DAA

Missing a target that size even at 300, at all, ever, due to parralax borders on the impossible at best but since you have done it, it's obviously possible. But it shows incompetence on an equally nearly impossible scale.

- DAA

I shoot the exact same targets. They have a 12x12 grid but have close to a 2 inch border all the way around making the 16x16. No reason not to hit it somewhere at 200 yards. I'm leaning towards the thought that he just missed.

Originally Posted By: DAAMissing a target that size even at 300, at all, ever, due to parralax borders on the impossible at best but since you have done it, it's obviously possible. But it shows incompetence on an equally nearly impossible scale.

- DAA

That's why Burris sent me a new scope.. I didn't see where it said 1 out of 5 either.. Went back and still didn't see where it said 1 out of 5.. Dan

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI shoot the exact same targets. They have a 12x12 grid but have close to a 2 inch border all the way around making the 16x16. No reason not to hit it somewhere at 200 yards. I'm leaning towards the thought that he just missed.

I thought he missed all 5 shots not just one.. Dan

After reading all this, I'm sure glad the children of the corn did not appear this weekend. I was shooting down the farm lane (corn both sides) @ 12"x12" steel plate . Distance was 700 yards, no parallax adjustment, 10x power, the mirage was so bad the target looked round ! Yet I hit it 3x in a row leaving approx 4" group.

Did I get lucky , heck if I know.
tt2.gif

I've had this happen MANY times. Actually, anytime I don't hit the intended target, I believe there is some type of outer force (or being as mentioned) that caused a physically impossible anomaly.

Say what you want, it makes me sleep better at night...

I had to find out for myself so I loaded up a few rounds of 223. I had no V-Max but did have some 60 grain Noslers and 25.2 grains of H335. With a 100 yard zero, I had no poofs and all 5 rounds made it to 200 yards and were 3 1/2 inchs low. Its apple to oranges as my rifle has a 12 twist and has a 26" long barrel so I'm sure velocity was more than out of an 18" barrel. But I think it proves even with a 100 yard zero, you should still be on paper at 200. Either it's shooter or rifle or both.

Originally Posted By: 6724I run 55gr vmax at 3700fps out of my 22-250, never had one come apart.

But where did you zero them?

Originally Posted By: 6724 Perhaps when he zeroed his rifle, he has the first crossing point at 100 yards?

Did you zero them where the first crossing point was at 100 yards?

No doubt it’s the usual culprits that get all the blame for everything, global warming & Donald Trump, of course its possible magnets were somehow involved, I’ve always considered those things to border on the realm of magic anyway. I suppose it could have been aliens, except they usually steal bullets between 300 and 333.4 yards not 100 and 200.

As you can tell, I have no idea what happened, but I'm leaning toward a missed target.

Just skimming here but is op missing every shot after 100 or is he missing 1 out of a group and saying the bullet came apart?

Back