Power Case Trimmer Recommendation

tred1956

I am thinking about buying a power case trimmer. Have both Lyman and RCBS but not crazy about either one. No real problems just not quiet what I am looking for. Am considering a Giraud, Dillon & Gracey. Would like the opinions of anybody who has used any of them. Or any other Brand you would highly recommend.

**Also meant to mention. I shoot a lot of wildcats. Will this be a problem??

Thanks In advance
Doug

Last edited:
I use a Wilson and the RCBS trim pro, attach an adjustable half inch drill on the spindle and they both work like a champ, 6 cases per minute at least.

I have a Giraud and like it a lot... as far as the wildcats I’m sure they handle several and I don’t think it would take much to get one made of they didn’t have what you’re looking for... give them a shout I’m sure they’d fill you in...

I have a Giraud for 223 mounted on a HF grinder motor for the volume of cases I have (pdog shooter). Works great, fast and accurate for my needs but they state it is designed for FL sized cases. if you neck size only, then it can probably be adjusted to meet your needs, but I haven't tried that method. I FL size all my 223 brass, so. The additional calibers available from them are reasonable I guess, but I only have the 223. The Giraurd also chamfers & deburrs all in one step so you do save time that way.

The Lee handheld trimmers work well for low volume calibers.

I use the Giraud for 223 because of the Tri-way cutter and then I use the Little Crow for all others. My little crow is the model that takes different trim chambers for each caliber. It’s really handy to have that cheaper option for each caliber.

Back