Ticks and chiggers................................

Speaking of chiggers.........Do you know the good thing about chigger bites?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
When they quit itching, it's almost hunting season again.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

By the way, someone said their vet told them not to use permethrin on their lab. Why not?

The label gives instructions as to mix for spray of kennels and Terminex uses a permethrin mix to spray yards for fleas.

The vet must be concerned about a strength issue????

Regards,
hm

In addition to the normal pests there are mites in my woods. A squirrel hunting trip turns into hundreds of bites all over your body. Permethrin treated clothing and shoes results in no mites no chiggars no ticks no misquitos no problems.

Mites are the worst, the way I understand it they live under/in your skin. I had them a couple times from being on some rotten wood. My doctor gave me some cream to put on overnite, in the AM they were gone. It was years ago but I think the cream had Permethrin in it.

for what it's worth.......

I sprayed "the spray" heavy the last couple times out. No bug bites at all, but I wandered into poison ivy.......not terrible, but enough to get my attention. I got it on my wrist and neck.. This was just a small "touch".......... I got it much worse when I was in the military many years ago. its' all good.........I was walking the woodline...and learning for the winter, and eating spiders and apparently rubbing poison ivy.

Last edited:
when I treat clothing with permethrin I lay them in the tail gate of the truck and generously spray shoes socks pants shirt and hat both sides and leave them lay there till they dry .. I have never had any ill effects that I am aware of from skin absorption .. I bought mine at a farm supply store and its a premixed goat and sheep spray with 1% permethrin .. its purpose is to spray it directly on the animal .. the cattle rub liquid I buy is oily so it will stay on the animal ..it is .5% permethrin applied directly to the animal .. the instructions say up to 20oz of .5% can be poured directly on calves up to full grown cattle .. based on animal usage instructions I don't think having dried permethrin solution on my clothing will produce enough skin absorption to cause me physical harm ..

Back