Clubs/Organizations Question(s)...

Big Flounder

I was just curious if the National Predator Hunters Association is active at all? Their website is kind of rough and when I had e-mailed someone through the site I didn't get any reply. I'm assuming it didn't last or take off like they thought it would?

I'd like to join a predator hunting organization but am not able to find a national organization or a local club here in northeast Indiana for that matter. We own a bit of land in the upper peninsula of Michigan and I'm wanting to do some coyote hunting up there, so was thinking about joining the Michigan Trappers and Predator Callers Association since they seem active at least. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

You don't need to join an organization to hunt. Predator hunting clubs and organization seem to sprout up and die, while some seem to hold together. Stay active on the sight here, post your stories and keep an eye on activities in your area, Hunts, calling contests, seminars and keep asking about clubs/organizations in the midwest, WI has and active predator hunting group, heavily into hounds. You might want to look into state trapping Assc. and see if they have a predator hunting sub group.

Sorry I can't give you any direct contacts, I left the midwest about 35 yrs ago.

Look no further than here at Predator Masters. Plenty of members in Michigan that are probably more than willing to help. Just make a post about wanting to go hunting and that you're looking for some company. Good luck and welcome!

I appreciate the input fellas and I do enjoy the forums here, although I'm a bit more of a lurker thus far. I'm not looking for a club to join to meet guys/gals to hunt with so much as I'm looking for a way to give back to the sport and find an organization that is active on the legislative side to protect predator hunting. Having been crazy active in my state's bowhunting organization for over 20 years, I know how important having a voice at DNR meetings and such is. I was looking for something along those lines and find it odd that there isn't much out there like that for predator hunting. Yep, I understand there's the NRA for protecting our gun rights, but no clubs/organizations really specifically geared for predator hunters. Seems like the National Predator Hunting Association had that thought in mind but it didn't work? Anyway, thanks again for the input!

Last edited:
Back