Hats off to sightmark!

Dultimatpredator

I had a photon 4.6s x 42m I picked up for $469 back in the winter of 15'. I never mounted it on a rifle and sighted it in, I've just had it sitting in my safe ever since. The furthest I got with it was I mounted some sightmark quick detach rings on it and had fun and looked though it a few times in the back yard at rabbits. I did notice it was a little blurry at times but it could have been my eyes. I had lazek done last year and never checked afterwards to see if it was me.

Anyways, I pulled it out last week to mount it up on my POF along with the $200 illuminator to see 400/500 yards...forgot which brand I bought at the time.

I went to turn it on to give it a look. I noticed two black spots in the pixels. It also flashed up and down like a Charlie Chaplin picture show.

I called sightmark and told them what was going on with my safe queen optic and to see if it was still under warranty. Sightmark told me it carried a lifetime warranty and to send it in. I had to fill out their warranty return form on line and in a few days they sent me a return authorization number. I spent the $13 price tag for two day shipping and insurance. I received an email from them the other day that they decided to up grade me to the new 4.5 model that has a 40% better quality picture and records with sound and video!!! Holly crap! I thought I hit the lottery! I figured they would rebuild my old one and send it back. I was always paranoid about buying that thing because I wasn't familiar with their products or company. This put my mind at ease...they are #1 for customer service and satisfaction in my book!

Has anyone tried the new 4.5 model out yet first hand? I liked my old 4.6x 42s and hope the new model will be just as good if not better. I see it carries about a $150-$200 high price point tag and takes 4 AA's now compaired to 2 in my old model. I would assume that's for the video use.

Last edited:
I ordered the 4.5 today, will be here in a couple days. Hope to try it out next week. I went with the model that has the 940nm IR light, less range but supposedly invisible(no glow).

Originally Posted By: bossI ordered the 4.5 today, will be here in a couple days. Hope to try it out next week. I went with the model that has the 940nm IR light, less range but supposedly invisible(no glow).

No pigs around here only predators so I have the S model. There is no way I could ever see a glow with the xt model I had. I'll take the S model over the non all day long. It was hard enough seeing over 75 to 100 yards the way with the S model with the built in 850 it was. I can't see the little red glow if I backed up 20 yards and looked for it. I bough a UN 20ir years ago when I bough my xt 42s. It will let you see out to 400 plus yards on some of the YouTube videos I watched. It should for $200

Last edited:
Nice. I'm thinking of adding an additional IR light for additional range, but most of my hunting is close quarters. 100 yard max.

Back