Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#3163935 - 09/20/18 06:45 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
photohunter Offline
Predator Master

Loc: CA
So, uh... about using a decoy for a lion.... haha. Welcome to the forum, eh?

#3163966 - 09/20/18 11:32 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
g Bo Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Utah
Photo hunter, about a decoy it is just my opinion it wouldn't be very effective. I actually felt when I first started calling them in December, I almost felt an urgentcy about getting some kind of a decoy and then as I went on the thought went away.

Maybe there are those who have a strong opinion about decoys on lions and have had experience with it. Heck maybe in all my calling I would have killed one in 2 months with a decoy instead of 8-9 months without?

As far as a blind. If you're on the move it won't be effective when you're putting it up will notify everything in the area, "Het!here I am". But if you know an area where they frequently hang out, put up your blind and leave it. Slip into it every so often and it may give you a big advantage

#3163981 - 09/21/18 08:26 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: Catdog1]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: Catdog1
Originally Posted By: fw707
Personally if you decide to buy a Foxpro I would just buy the decoy that goes with it that would be the easiest thing. Other than that just a couple wings from an owl or a hawk on some string will work

Do you prefer hawk wings, or owl wings?

either or. Just whatever i can come across from a dead one on the side of the road.

Ok.
Does the US Fish and Wildlife Service make exemptions for possession of parts of road-killed federally protected raptors?

im permitted to posses them.

Would you mind sharing the details of your exemption?
it's not an exemption.... it's a permit.
That's about all the detail i can share.

I would like to have one of those permits before bobcat season so I could legally use hawk and owl wings as decoys at my calling setup.

What is the name of the permit? Is the application online where it can be printed off? What office does it need to be submitted to, and is there a fee?

Carl Sagan

#3163984 - 09/21/18 09:17 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
Catdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Prarie ghost
Just Google predatory bird permitt USFW

#3163987 - 09/21/18 09:29 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
Catdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Edited by Catdog1 (09/21/18 09:29 AM)

#3163988 - 09/21/18 09:31 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
Kevinfarmer3456 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas
I used to know a guy that had a predatory bird permit for his ADC work. But I have no idea what it was called or where he got it

#3164000 - 09/21/18 10:50 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
SlickerThanSnot Online
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
assassin1 is alive and well.

#3164006 - 09/21/18 11:37 AM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: Catdog1]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Just Google predatory bird permitt USFW

I’ve Googled until I’m tired of Googling and all I can find is falconry and education related permits.
Could you just give me the name from the top of your permit that allows you to legally pick up road-killed hawk and owl parts and use them as attractors and decoys while you are hunting.
It would sure save me some time.

Carl Sagan

#3164015 - 09/21/18 12:15 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: photohunter]
SlickerThanSnot Online
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence

Could you just give me the name from the top of your permit that allows you to legally pick up road-killed hawk and owl parts and use them as attractors and decoys while you are hunting.

you will never get one of those permits. it is a very special permit for very special people. yes indeed.

#3164028 - 09/21/18 01:19 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Lefty SRH Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North AL
[quote=SlickerThanSnot]assassin1 is alive and well. [/quot

Hahahaha, on my way to get the popcorn.....lol

"In GOD We Trust"

#3164030 - 09/21/18 01:31 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: Kevinfarmer3456]
Catdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: Kevinfarmer3456
I used to know a guy that had a predatory bird permit for his ADC work. But I have no idea what it was called or where he got it
yes. Mine is the same.

#3164039 - 09/21/18 03:32 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

you will never get one of those permits. it is a very special permit for very special people. yes indeed.

I’m beginning to think you are right, Slick!
Heck, I can’t even find find out the name of the permit so I can apply for one!

Carl Sagan

#3164040 - 09/21/18 03:34 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: fw707]
Kevinfarmer3456 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas

you might try calling us fish and wildlife and ask them about it

#3164041 - 09/21/18 03:40 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: Catdog1]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

yes. Mine is the same.

The same as what??
If you can give me the name of the permit and the office that issued yours I can call them and get the application process started.

Carl Sagan

#3164042 - 09/21/18 03:41 PM Re: New guy... Cougar advice, is this as dumb as it sounds? [Re: Kevinfarmer3456]
Catdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member

you might try calling us fish and wildlife and ask them about it
there's no way that's going to happen. That would actually require him to do something. He wants everybody else to do the footwork for him. There's no way I would help him find a cup of water if he was on fire between him and snot-nose they've both treated me like crap on this forum for years I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire...these are the kind of guys that, if you cant do it for them and hold their hand thru the whole process....that in their mind, "such thing doesnt exist and youre a liar"

Edited by Catdog1 (09/21/18 04:07 PM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.