6mm Upper?

243, did so with a 20" BHW barrel, vary accurate, IMO.

If you're talking AR-15 lower, then either 6x45 or 6x6.8.
I did a 6x6.8 from 20" BHW, also vary accurate, IMO.

Of all of my rifles including several 6mm calibers, I will be taking my 6x45 to a turkey shoot tomorrow. It's hands down my favorite caliber. It is laser accurate, cheap to load for and has taken animals ranging from prairie dogs to wild pigs.

6x45 for the easy of cheap brass. I've killed a truck load of coyotes with 6x45, 6x6.8 and a few with 6DTI. Out to 400 yards the 6x45 dropped them just the same.

Bca sidecharge
thumbup.gif

I have a 6x6.8 (14.5”) and a 6x45 (12”). Both barrels are from X Caliber. I’ve only shot a couple loads in the 6x45, but it shoots lights out, handles great with my F1 suppressor, and it’s already killed a coyote. I have not had a chance to shoot my 6x6.8 yet.

I had a 243 WSSM at one time. 20” Shilen from Dtech. Great shooting and handling gun, but the proprietary parts and lack of brass kind of scared me away. Now I kind of wish I would have stuck with the platform. Still think a 16” 300 WSSM would be the cat’s @ss for woods hunting and deer drives!

Another 243 lbc vote. I actually have two, a bhw from Ritch, and a 6 predator from arp. Both 1-8", 22" long, both shoot virtually the same load to the same speed more or less. Both are deadly accurate and are my go-to's for coyotes and long range pdogs.

Also another 243 wssm vote if you want a significant step up in horsepower. At the expense of a lot of extra powder, way less barrel life, and less mag capacity. My Dtech is also 1-8", 22", (see a pattern here?) and is a flat out laser.

I love my 6dti. I haven't had a chance to kill any coyotes, but I've stretched it out to 450 yards. And it was a breeze to ring steel with 55gr noslers. Hopefully I can see how it does at 600 and 800 this weekend.

Last edited:
Back