Gerber Vital Razor knife or Outdoor edge razor pro?

Wa_Coyote_Hunter

Gerber Vital Razor knife or Outdoor edge razor pro? Does anyone use one of these for hunting? seen a video on them and now I want to get one. Dave

Cousin has the razor pro. I have the havalon piranta. I find the havalon to be more useful provided you aren't using it to separate large leg and neck joints where some prying may be needed. Plus the blades are cheaper and the knife is smaller and lighter.

I have had a gerber vital for 3 years now. Very happy with it. I do however always carry a fixed blade sheath knife as my primary. P.S. blades are available/affordable at most outdoor shops.

thanks guys for the comments. I have not used anything but fixed or folders. So will be looking at one of these. Just didn't know if the Gerber or Havalon being smaller would be to easy to lose. also are the blades sturdy? when cutting game. Thanks Dave

The blades on the havalon do not handle lateral force well. They tend to brake where they mount to the handle. But for detail skinning of small animals, especially capeing out heads, it's tough to beat em.

Back