Good day at the range

pyscodog

Went to the range this morning to try some loads and a guy was shooting a couple of AR's. One was a Grendel the other was a 243. As I went to set up my bench, he had to of went through three 10 round mags of 243. The barrel had to of been extremely hot as fast as he went through the mags. The ground was covered in brass all around his bench so he had been shooting a while. When he left, he threw the brass in the trash. Heh, heh, guess who went dumpster diving!!! I got 80 rounds of once fired Hornady Grendel and about the same in Federal nickle 243. Goody for me and I don't even have a Grendel.......yet!! The funnest part was he drove to the bigger dumpster and threw away the box's that the rifles came in. They must have been fairly new rifles. Guess he was breaking them in.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobIf you have eighty Hornady once fired Grendel brass you are pretty much forced into buying a Grendel!

Been looking at them. Just not sure what platform I want to use. I'm not much of an AR guy. Been there done that. But I might go the bolt action route.

Well, the guy was back yesterday. I got 53 pieces of Grendel, 31 pieces of 300BO and 60 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor and a crap load of 308 and a few other calibers. I know there were some I left but I only had two bags and I ran out of room for it all. Its just to hard for me to leave that stuff in a dumpster. Not to sure what I'll do with some of it but I guess it makes good trade fodder.

I went to the range one night and found over 600 pieces of 9mm brass laying on the ground. I pretty much rolled around in it giggling for a few minutes before I started picking it up.

Last edited:
Found 65 pieces of Hornady 300 BO today.
thumbup1.gif

My local range used to teach police combat training on occasion. If I caught wind of when they were going to do it I would be hovering around the place like a starving dog waiting for a scrap of bread to fall off someone's plate. When the cops left the place it would be ankle deep in brass. Mostly 5.56, 9mm and 40 cal. I kept the 5.56 and the 9mm but left the .40 as I dont have one of those. I still to this day have hundreds of rounds of brass in various boxes in my garage. Some I have loaded up, some I will sort and toss (eventually) and some will be reloaded someday. A lot of it will be sold by my widow at an estate sale I bet too. Fine by me as I will have no use for it then.

Back