Season Opener Coyote

DoubleUp

Started the new season off tonight. A young female came right down the road after 4 minutes of calling (Babe Cottontail). I killed her at about 50 yds. just as she came to a halt. Here's the video. 6mm Parvo with 55 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip made her turn a complete somersault. It was very windy from the tropical weather offshore, but at least it was cool and no bugs to deal with tonight.

Thanks guys, all the humidity in the air didn't allow for very good thermal. In fact it started raining before we got out of the road. At least it worked well enough to get the job done. Did you notice the pieces flying off the coyote at the shot?

The wind was coming right down the road the same way she came from, and the call wasn't turned up very loud either. She heard that sound from at least 500 yds. and came charging in. I'm always amazed at how well they hear and it makes me wonder how we ever kill one.

I'm using an Apex XD50A. I've been very pleased with it's performance, but it isn't in the same class as the XP50 which is the top of the Pulsar line. I think you will enjoy it greatly.

That's a great start to a new season. Great hunt and great video. Looks like you still had a good view despite the humidity.

Back