Are You Listening, NIKE?

hm1996

Staff member

42724396080_df2bef351a.jpg

Regards,
hm

Nike works little Asian girls 12 hours a day in a factory that more resembles a prison while subjecting them to carcinogenic glue fumes for .25 cents per hour. Yet they claim to be taking a stand against oppression and for human rights. Hypocritical much?

well, I can say I won't buy nike but that's easy. I've never in my life bought nike.

I've been considering what I might do for my next truck & ford was on the list. guess I'll have to take them off.

levis is partnering with bloomie to spend a huge pile of cash on gun control. this isn't entirely new, they backed the 1994 gun ban but they weren't very public about it. now they think that's a great thing to do. while I haven't bought levis since well before their 94 stunt, I can say with assurance that I damned well won't ever again even think about it now.

I really don't care what any of them do. feetball guy can say what he wants. nike can hire him to be their face if they want. ford can jump in bed with both if they want. I have no desire to tell any of them that they can't.

but I don't have to contribute to any of their incomes & their ability to pay for this stuff if I don't want to & really, I just don't.

so I won't.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerThis is a pretty good one

28a5ovp.jpg

The story behind Marvin Heemeyer is one that should anger every hard working red blooded American.
He lived in the town of Granby Colorado. The short version of the story is that the corrupt officials of that town took away his propery and livelihood. He armored his dozer and tried to destroy the town, specifically the businesses in the town who's owners were a part of the corruption that put him in that desperate position.
I don't have the whole story in my mind, but it should sicken anyone, especially those who have been railroaded by the government.
https://www.damninteresting.com/the-wrath-of-the-killdozer/

Yes, Nike was listening. They were probably listening to the majority that is anti-Trump.
thumbup1.gif

Looks like the marketing paid off for them...... Fox Business

This Veteran will proudly wear Nike, just as this Veteran (Nate Boyer) probably will too.

IAyoteHNTR, He does make a valid point about kneeling as opposed to sitting down. Very few ppl know why he is doing it though, they see no difference between those kneeling and those sitting on the bench. He is a civilian and I believe kneeling is just as respectful as standing.

However, he started off just sitting and many just wrote him off as an overpaid athlete that has sacrificed nothing for this country, at this point they will not listen to anything he has to say. Nike does not care about his crusade or police brutality, they simply saw it as a gamble to boost rate of return on their shareholders investments, off his highly publicized controversy. Same thing goes for Nike's factories over seas, rate of return... nothing personal it's just business...

Originally Posted By: GCNike works little Asian girls 12 hours a day in a factory that more resembles a prison while subjecting them to carcinogenic glue fumes for .25 cents per hour. Yet they claim to be taking a stand against oppression and for human rights. Hypocritical much?

This is why I can't understand why any conservative cares what Nike does.

The wife recently ordered four pair of Nikes as gifts for the grandchildren. After reading this thread she sent all four pair back. She loves their return policy.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Flesh EaterOriginally Posted By: GCNike works little Asian girls 12 hours a day in a factory that more resembles a prison while subjecting them to carcinogenic glue fumes for .25 cents per hour. Yet they claim to be taking a stand against oppression and for human rights. Hypocritical much?

This is why I can't understand why any conservative cares what Nike does.

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTR...This Veteran will proudly wear Nike, just as this Veteran (Nate Boyer) probably will too.

Back