CZ 527 MTR

pyscodog

Looks like CZ is coming out with a new model. CZ 527 MTR (Match Target Rifle). I saw it over on Accurate Shooter. Calibers are 222R, 223 and 6.5 Grendal. Guess they haven't his the USA as of yet. Its a totally different looking stock but still walnut.

I thought I read some where that it was not going to be imported into the usa.only Europe and Canada that no plans for it here. which to me would be a loss.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadWhat is it with the European obsession with goofy wood stocks?

If I had to answer this, I guess I would say, when Remington and Savage and several other U.S. companies start building rifles with the same quality as CZ and other Euro firearms instead of the cheap crap they produce now, maybe the obsession would slow down. When you go into a gun shop and all the rifles have cheesy plastic stocks and matte black barrels and the main difference is the name tag, a nice walnut stock rifle just kinda jumps out at you.

I've had experience with several CZ rifles in both small and large cartridges, and none of them impressed me versus other options that I had available. Now when one "jumps out" at me, I side step it and let it go on..........

And I totally agree with the "goofy looking" stock comment, plus I bet its a "real joy" to carry afield further than maybe 100 yards from the truck. 'Course one could maybe get a rolling bench for it to move it where you want to shoot it.

Kinda hard to pass judgement on them until you can actually hold one in your hands but I will admit from the pictures the grip is a little over kill. I like the wider fore-end but not to sure about that grip yet. As far as carrying it, hard to say. It may or may not be that great.

the grip does look big but I always though a mcmillan would be nice with a shelf or finger "grooves" to help keep your hand up. they can get slick when wearing gloves.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogKinda hard to pass judgement on them until you can actually hold one in your hands but I will admit from the pictures the grip is a little over kill. I like the wider fore-end but not to sure about that grip yet. As far as carrying it, hard to say. It may or may not be that great.

psycho, you skimmed the top of every picket on the fence with that response.
laugh.gif

Well is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure! Guess its just my way of being undecided until I see one close up and personal.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure! Guess its just my way of being undecided until I see one close up and personal.

Does everything have to be either good or bad in your world?

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure! Guess its just my way of being undecided until I see one close up and personal.

Does everything have to be either good or bad in your world?

No, not at all.

Back