My First Wolf!!

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterThis is the only place I share my stories with, besides family and friends. I don't have facebook,twitter, insta,or any other mind numbing social bs I hear that. Most of the social media is a useless time suck.
To the OP, great story and great wolf. Congratulations.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I missed this one, too on the first pass. Beautiful animal, great read. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
hm

Hey everyone thanks for reading my story. I am glad everyone enjoyed it
smile.gif
I just got my rug back from the Taxidermy and I love it. Unfortunately my photobucket is not working but I will post a link to my Instagram of the rug with a bunch of photos. Hope you all enjoy
smile.gif

-cheers

P.s. If I can get my photobucket working I will post the pics here.

The link will go directly to the rug photos.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlPJN-PBWxR/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ct5id8377xgt

So I finally got around to measuring my wolf today. If anyone is interested it measured 8ft .5 inch from tip of nose to tip of tail. From tip of left paw to tip of right paw is 5ft 7.5 inches
I have not officially done the skull yet but a real quick tape to it showed just over 17inches.

Just thought I would update with the measurements.

Glad this thread resurfaced otherwise I would have missed the link to the rug. The wolf looked big enough in your kill pic, but on the wall it just looks enormous. Great work by the taxidermist.

I honestly dont know. I think it was a color phase. Dont think it was a really old wolf or anything. The teeth were not worn out at all. Someone was telling me that, that color on a wolf is the color people want the most because in the light with the black and white together it gives the wolf a blue color. Which it actually does, its pretty cool lol. He said its known as a blue wolf but I honestly have never heard that before. But it makes me think it is a color phase.

Last edited:
Back