My Wyoming 2016 Fall Black Bear

Thanks for bringing this post up! That bear is incredible. Hopefully I’ll get a nice little meat bear this year in WA- using a single shot Henry 243 and a monster like that would only be shot with a camera.

Originally Posted By: Tracker0721Thanks for bringing this post up! That bear is incredible. Hopefully I’ll get a nice little meat bear this year in WA- using a single shot Henry 243 and a monster like that would only be shot with a camera.

Thanks and good luck !! post up pictures !

We hunt these bears in domestic sheep summer and fall grazing lands. We've taken 6 bears since 2010 outta there for the sheep herders. If it is a legal bear, it is killed. First year we started they had lost 87 lambs and ewes. This year it is 5 confirmed and 3 probable's.

Last edited:
That’d be cool to start hunting where it helps the ranchers. Our bear spot is a tucked away cedar woods where no cows would go. I started hunting coyotes to help ranchers in calving season but now here in Colorado I’m just out hunting em on the grasslands. Never hunted sheep territory but they probably get hit hard between the coyotes and bear. Wolves too right? Cool to see the positive impact on reducing predators though. Hope to see some more stories from your bear hunts!

Back