Coyote Hunting in Southern Nevada

VegasEsq

Hey guys - long time lurker who is finally ready to get out there this fall. Me and a buddy are planning on coyote hunting, but are both hunting newbies and are entirely unsure as to where to start location wise.

Are there any areas in the greater Las Vegas area that produce or will I need to travel north? I've been told the area around Searchlight/Lake Mohave was solid but I haven't verified that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You probably won't get anyone give you a area I would say go out and drive dirt road and look for tracks and scat I have hunted just west of lofland and did well

There is a ton of public land around there, get a public lands chip for your GPS and start calling. After awhile you will start getting some responses, note that type of terrain and start hitting that type(not just that spot) more often but keep hitting other places also. It is "Hunting" not shooting.

In that area I like to look for brushy areas with grass in them, a magnet for rabbits.

I stopped there a few years ago and put my nephew on his first coyote kill just outside of town.

good luck to you

Back