Primos Sit and Spin or Stray Cat?

Thumper3181

I am going to be purchasing a new decoy and I was wondering if some of you guys have used either of these and could give me some feedback on which one was best and personal experiences.
Thanks in advance

I have been using the Mojo Critter, and believe me I have used it and used it and used it and used it, and it has never failed, it just goes and goes. I did have 2 coyotes charge in to it one time and one of them grabbed the top off it and took off, the bad part was that I missed and didn't get either one. I know that's not one of your choices but it's food for thought

I am a Mojo Critter fan. Have probably 4-5 of them, kept buying them at closeout pricing when the new version came out. I steal parts and pieces as they start to wear-out or fall apart. The only real issue I have is that the power button can accidentally be turned on without me knowing which runs the batteries down, I modify the button to prevent that from happening. The originals are hard to come by, you can still find them just have to look.

Zcustom I carry mine in a backpack that I've compartmentized and the critter sits in a PVC tube with a slot for the power button. boy you are surely putting your time in if you've gone through that many. good for you, that's pretty cool. hang in there

I have the Sit and Spin, not impressed with it. The nut inside that the stake screws into came loose on the 2nd or 3rd time out from the hard ground. I had to fix that.
The tails get wrapped up very easily and doesn't fling out when it spins.
Also, if there is any weeds or ANYTHING in the way, it doesn't have enough power to keep spinning.....basically, it doesn't sit OR spin very well IMO.

Last edited:
Hey Don, not so much worn them out, various issues(mostly do to owner abuse) I just like the old style critter, the new one is nice, just a bit too big for my hunting rig and the old ones just works for me.

well good luck Zcustom, I hope you continue to do well, I'm pretty well hooked on this coyote calling,and surely looking fwd to my next one. it is cool, you never know when it's going to happen

Back