First Peek at the 22-NXS!!

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I see Creedmoor has pushed the backorder date back to the 31st of this month for the Hagar brass. What up with that?

My opinion? I think that who does Hornady brass is making so much of the big sellers it is being buried. This is the third BO date on this. I'm sure it's coming. Looking at the comments here it is pretty obvious that the Hagar brass is being used up a great deal in anything EXCEPT in the true 6 MM Hagar configuration.

Frustrating eh??

On that same vein I just spent some time on the phone with Starline poking the bear on this. My gut says down the road it will happen but one man pushing the cart uphill is slow. I will be chasing down another rumor on brass production this week too. I suspect it may come to fruition but I have learned caution in the gun world. Vaporware is everywhere. The Bren 10 guys still have $500.00 of my money BTW.

Tactical Ordnance has been notified and I just need to tie up a payment there and mine will be turned shortly. I'm going for a 24" tube. Once mine is done I think there is enough interest to get the reamer and HS gauges in process. Who know, maybe a group buy? If no interest then Ritch and I will still have some hot little fire sticks.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooter

Price point will be on line with everything else Ritch sells along the lines of the 22X6.8 and the Nosler on his site.

Greg

Im I the only one that cant see a 22 Nosler option on Ritches website?

Originally Posted By: GLShooter Looking at the comments here it is pretty obvious that the Hagar brass is being used up a great deal in anything EXCEPT in the true 6 MM Hagar configuration.

Greg

The 6mm Hagar should absolutely scream with 58s. I did some research and I seen load data for 55s at only 3400 for the 6mm Hagar. You would think the Hagar would outrun the 6x6.8

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dozer_xjOriginally Posted By: GLShooter

Price point will be on line with everything else Ritch sells along the lines of the 22X6.8 and the Nosler on his site.

Greg

Im I the only one that cant see a 22 Nosler option on Ritches website?

Originally Posted By: GLShooter Looking at the comments here it is pretty obvious that the Hagar brass is being used up a great deal in anything EXCEPT in the true 6 MM Hagar configuration.

Greg

The 6mm Hagar should absolutely scream with 58s. I did some research and I seen load data for 55s at only 3400 for the 6mm Hagar. You would think the Hagar would outrun the 6x6.8

LOL You aren't blind. He lists the VALK over there and it is the same price as a 22X6.8. The Nosler isn't up there but he has sold several of them. The 22-NXS will be the same as the other two. He's sold all the Noslers via phone call. In case you don't know Ritch loves to talk..LOL

There is a lot of speed being left on the table by some at safe pressures, tested by Ritch, and I agree it should move a bit faster. More capacity at the same pressures always gives more speed in the same bore size. Gas is gas and pressure is pressure.

Greg

I want to know how that dude will do with a 65gn SGK or 60/69gn TMK. Heck even a 62gn Fusion would be a decent "all around" load, especially with some speed behind it.

Don't we all. I'm sure we'll have some answers as soon as the dam breaks on the brass. We have some 22X6.8 data at various levels and we know it will exceed those without any issues.

Greg

There shooting 77 and 82 at 2.269. I think the long ASC will more than handle it.If you only need 6-8 rounds you can load even longer than 2.314.

Greg

What do you guys shoot at with these heavier bullets? Just curious why the heavy bullet craze. You have guys that swear by the speed of the 17 Remington and the light 204 bullets and then on the other end of the spectrum guys want stuff 69 grains and heavier I don't get it.

Last edited:
Some guys shoot targets with them, I have shots up to 600 yards on coyotes and like to carry a little more thump out there with the heavier bullet. On whitetails I want a little more penetration and not quite so much explosion.

Really no such thing as shooting 600 yards around here.....almost no such thing as even seeing 600 yards lol......unless its a barn or house. I understand some guys legitimately can shoot that far but what drives me nuts is the Facebook crowd that due to advertiding thinks if they buy a rifle with a fast twist that shoots a long skinny bullet out of a round with a catchy name they are overnight success at becoming a sniper yet thinking 2" groups at 100 is precision shooting. Then they Waltz off to purchase more thick jacketed ammo to try to kill a coyote with out of there fast twist sniper rifle that they decided to get with a 16 inch barrel.
I was always afraid that trying to build a gun around increasing your odds of killing coyotes at 600 yards would cause some misses on the gimmies at under 300 just due two more arc in the flight path. I know if you start fudging your round much over an inch high at 100 yards things get to be awful high out at 150 or so yards with the scope being mounted so high on an AR. I need a laser out to 225 because when coyotes appear my brain disappears LOL

Last edited:
I hear you. That happens all too often. It gives those of us who regularly shoot extended distances (500-1500yds) a bad wrap. In Central and Western Oklahoma, we are blessed to have wide open countryside and a couple of public ranges to go to 900 or 1350 and 1 mile that are within an hours drive and private ranges that go way the [beeep] out there past that. The last one I shot went to 2200yds. Now that was a poke. (I realized I need more practice at that range fo-sho)
thumbdown.gif

I always love seeing new AR 15 cases that involve larger compacity. so I don't mean to rain on the parade. but IMO there are a couple things that a new AR 15 case needs to be able to really take off. you have guys that want to shoot heavy freaking bullets. I am not one of those guys. but if a case can shoot heavies it can be setup to shoot lights too. with that said IMO the cases need to be fatter that what is out there, fatter than the 6.8 spc case, heck even fatter than the grendel case. the valkeryie went with a shortened SPC case, they thumbed their nose up at the grendel case, I believe that was a mistake. the grendel case could have been used and not shortened. but is a 22 grendel cool? why not just shoot 6.5 grendel.

a case that is the length of the grendel case but holds 40 grains is where all this needs to start and end. this would need to be a ground up new case which no one ever wants to make, everything new is based off something else thats out there.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERI want a 24 inch tube 8 twist. I want everything I can get out of it
smile.gif

That's exactly what I firmed up 30 minutes ago. Now the wait.

Greg

Last edited:
Steve just build a WSSM and call it good. You bring this up all the time. I suspect that's the closest you'll get.

Greg

Oh and BTW, a 22 LBC is cool. (VBG)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterSteve just build a WSSM and call it good. You bring this up all the time. I suspect that's the closest you'll get.

Greg

That is exactly what he needs.
smile.gif
Oh and it is already available.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: GLShooterSteve just build a WSSM and call it good. You bring this up all the time. I suspect that's the closest you'll get.

Greg

That is exactly what he needs.
smile.gif
Oh and it is already available.

And brass is available. huuummm na I dont need it... right?!

Last edited:
Back