Best app/ site to check weather

Tracker0721

Well we made a sorta bad choice to skip school and go coyote chasing today, weather said it’d be perfect for it, hardly any moon, ended up actually seeing 3! Only downside was the tornado that touched down 10-15 miles away and the rain/hail that kept us from making any stands not to mention the lightening and thunder constantly filling the sky!

We had checked NOAA and the weather station. Neither had said anything more severe than 6mph winds and partly cloudy. So what do you guys use to plan trips?

Note- we ended up sticking out the storms and they both skated by, got to do some shooting and prairie dog blasting. No coyotes besides 3 we saw hunting a field as the storm was coming in.

I use Weather Bug AND the Weather Channel. If they differ in wind and or temp I split the difference!
Know that they are just like weather forecasters, when they are wrong it's mother natures fault
thumbup1.gif

I use Weather Bug and Radar Express...Weather Bug gives you the distance from the nearest lightning strikes, wind speed/direction, and barometer for any location you enter...

You have to keep in mind that weather forecasters have one of the few jobs that allow a 50% error rate, get to keep their jobs and it they have an acceptable personality, usually receive pay raises...

I use Weather underground. I cross check that with the aviation websites for wind and pressure. The aviation sites a pretty good.

If Im planning for a trip, I will use weather.gov. It gives me a good idea of wind directions, speeds, potential changes, etc.

This season, however, Im trying something new. Its an app I found called ScoutLook. It seems like it has a ton of potential. I love documenting everything about my hunts, so I was looking for a hunting log style app. I found this one and it seems to work pretty well, so far. You can look over terrain and change its view, you can turn on a radar and cloud system. You can even drop a "pin" and it will show you your scent cone direction, temp, wind speed, whatever. It allows you to log stands, sightings, tanks, take notes and so on. So Im hoping it stays true to what I want haha. Oh, and it's free, so I'm pretty much on board with everything about it so far.

I agree . Just go and work with what you find in that spot at that time. I used to like Scoutlook with it’s scent cone feature, and paid for the app, but then they sold it and the buyer wouldn’t honor my purchase and loaded it up with ads.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: reb8600I just go. I haven't found an app or weatherman that can get it right.

this. ^^^^^

Especially the way the wind is going

Originally Posted By: PaVarminterOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: reb8600I just go. I haven't found an app or weatherman that can get it right.

this. ^^^^^

I agree with these gents!!

Sure beats sitting on the couch;-)

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: PaVarminterOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: reb8600I just go. I haven't found an app or weatherman that can get it right.

this. ^^^^^

I agree with these gents!!

Sure beats sitting on the couch;-)

I hear that!!!

Agreed! The couch isn’t even comfy. Not checking when driving a couple to a few hours can put you in a real bad spot though. Like the storm, hail and tornado we dealt with.

Back