6.5 Swede experience w/ 130 grain bullets and VV N550 and N150

danno in va

Wondering how much powder y'all are feeding your Swede's with this weight bullet and these powders. Interested in hearing about your accuracy and max loads.

Rifle is a Cooper Classic/Model 52, brass is Lapua, primers on hand are Wolf, bullet is Swift Scirocco.

I’m a bit new to the 6.5 Swede, now we have two of them. In a modern bolt rifle one can go to upper loads easily. Not that one needs to hang at max levels.

Imr 4064 has been slower than some of the other powders but will put them in one hole with the bullets I have tried.

We have custom Rem 700's, 26" Brux #5 contours, Gentry muzzle break

130g Nosler accubond
49.5g of R#26 with fed 215 primer shoots a bug hole at 3000 fps
51.5g of R#26 with fed 215 primer shoots 5/8" at 3150 fps, no pressure
We neck sized all cases

Also

Barnes 127g Long range was very easy to tune with the loads above, very accurate with same loads

R#26 seems to like this Mag primer over other primers, we tried 5 different kinds.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Swede; all are helpful.

Ackelyman, your advice has always been spot on, and i happened to stumble on some magnum Federal match primers for 2 bucks more than the price of the 215's, and since the Reloder powders are made in Radford VA it seemed good to do my part to stimulate the local economy. I appreciate your help.

Back