Whats your favorite thing about predator hunting??

Originally Posted By: DAAI sure don't care about the fawn killing. I'm a coyote hunter. Far as I'm concerned, any deer that don't end up as coyote turds are just going to waste.

- DAA

Mostly true. However, I'm even happier when they end up DesertRam turds.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: DAAI sure don't care about the fawn killing. I'm a coyote hunter. Far as I'm concerned, any deer that don't end up as coyote turds are just going to waste.

- DAA

grin.gif

lol.gif

Gotta agree, not too mad at Bambi any more; would a lot rather chase coyotes, but might be a different story if I couldn't put a nilgai, gemsbok or oryx in the freezer when it goes dry.

Regards,
hm

The adrenalin rush to me for sure. It is a great feeling to put them in the sights while they are moving, then think on your breath and pull the trigger, with the best finesse you can manage.

Then they drop straight down due to perfect shot placement. And of course the pride of your specially chosen hand load potions.

Its a feeling of pride and self satisfaction that does not come free in most aspects of life.

I love the trial and error, the constant learning, and shear surprise of it. The fact that you can set up a "text book" stand and see nothing, then try a "this look ridiculous" stand and have coyotes show makes it so much more fun.

Solitude and seeing things that most people in suburbia don't even know exist. Being amongst nature and every now and then fooling old Wiley E.

Sun rises and sunsets are a beautiful thing. Plus no bugs no people and of course the chance to call in a coyote,which in this area is a challenging feat.

I love being out and away from the everyday pressures and having something to focus on the demands my full attention and allows me to push everything else out of my mind. And then not knowing it they are going to come in on a string and almost run me down or I'm going to have to coax them in a few yards at a time over 30 minutes or more.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: DAAI sure don't care about the fawn killing. I'm a coyote hunter. Far as I'm concerned, any deer that don't end up as coyote turds are just going to waste.

- DAA

grin.gif

Just start eating your coyotes, then you can have the best of both worlds. Problem solved!
smile.gif

I've always like types of hunting where I can make something come to me but calling, versus walking/stalking to it, or waiting for it to come along. Of all the calling I've done though, turkey, duck, goose hunting the predators has been the best! These critters are smart and every one is a trophy in my mind!

The wide open spaces...no season, no license...I can hunt 365/24/7 if I want..

Been getting some trigger therapy last couple weeks...a more in-depth thread soon.. ][/url]

For me.....
First and foremost: It's about enjoying the outdoors, enjoying the beauty of nature, and the anticipation that a coyote might show up, and 2ndly.the excitement of seeing a shot opportunity present itself, ....and 3rdly.. finding the ability to relax and enjoy while taking a well executed shot. I am a NOOB...just getting started into this addiction. I am a "mature buck" myself, and I look forward to see where this predator hunting takes me..LOL

Last edited:
Back