Maven?

IdCoyote

My Bausch and Lomb binos diopter broke so I'm searching for a replacement pair. Problem is, I don't have a ton of money to throw at them this year ($400 budget) due to medical bills and I definitely plan to upgrade to the proper glass next year but I need something to get me through the fall. I stumbled across Maven and their demo program and was kicking around trying their C1 10x42s. Anyone have any experience with them?

I was also kicking around a Burris signature 10x42 or a Nikon monarch7 in 10x42. I know everyone's eyes are subjective to optics but I live in the middle of nowhere and it's difficult to find all of these different optics within a three hour drive. I was just curious what others experiences were with these binos. I'm a bit jaded on vortex since I had a diamondback riflescope fail me three times so I'm not terribly interested in them. Thanks and happy trails.

Originally Posted By: IdCoyoteI guess the lack of responses about Maven might direct me to another brand. Any one have experience with Athlon Ares 10x42?

We have sold a few dozen of the Athlon Ares binoculars as we have found them to be superior to what the price indicates. If you get one from us and are not impressed with them for the $$$ we of course will take them back from you

Thanks for the replies all. The input is appreciated and I'll keep your outfit in mind Doug when I figure out which binos to pick up. It's hard finding binoculars when you live a long ways from anything so everyone's input is great. Thanks again.

I have a pair of Zeiss Terra that came with my scope. They retail around $400 and while my friend’s $3,000 Swaros are a little better they are excellent. I intended to sell them but kept them after I tried them out

Originally Posted By: CZ527I have a pair of Zeiss Terra that came with my scope. They retail around $400 and while my friend’s $3,000 Swaros are a little better they are excellent. I intended to sell them but kept them after I tried them out

Those were on my radar before, but their short warranty had me a bit leery. That's good to hear and you may have rekindled my interest in them. If their good enough, you shouldn't need a warranty. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: IdCoyoteOriginally Posted By: CZ527I have a pair of Zeiss Terra that came with my scope. They retail around $400 and while my friend’s $3,000 Swaros are a little better they are excellent. I intended to sell them but kept them after I tried them out

Those were on my radar before, but their short warranty had me a bit leery. That's good to hear and you may have rekindled my interest in them. If their good enough, you shouldn't need a warranty. Thanks!

If you’ve ever seen Tommy Boy, you know what warranties are for
wink.gif

I never let that type of thing get in my way....

Leupold- great warranty, almost guaranteed to break.
Vortex- great warranty, if it doesn’t say razor I’m surprised you got it out of the box safely
Nightforce- limited warranty, 0.3% return rate

If you can, check out the Riton binoculars. I checked them out at a local event and I really liked them. We requested and just got two of their scopes in for review, but so far I feel they are worth looking into.

Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: IdCoyoteOriginally Posted By: CZ527I have a pair of Zeiss Terra that came with my scope. They retail around $400 and while my friend’s $3,000 Swaros are a little better they are excellent. I intended to sell them but kept them after I tried them out

wink.gif

Vortex- great warranty, if it doesn’t say razor I’m surprised you got it out of the box safely

I guess if the guarantee fairy is a crazy glue sniffer and steals change off my dresser and my daughter gets knocked up, it's not worth it. For my sake, my daughters sake, I'll buy the good optics. Thanks CZ527.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IdCoyoteOriginally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: IdCoyoteOriginally Posted By: CZ527I have a pair of Zeiss Terra that came with my scope. They retail around $400 and while my friend’s $3,000 Swaros are a little better they are excellent. I intended to sell them but kept them after I tried them out

wink.gif

I guess if the guarantee fairy is a crazy glue sniffer and steals change off my dresser and my daughter gets knocked up, it's not worth it. For my sake, my daughters sake, I'll buy the good optics. Thanks CZ527.
smile.gif

Hahahahaha yes that’s the one!

Back