A1ASSASIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GCHe wasn't really doing or trying to do anything but get attention and be a big shot on the forum.

With his claims of this classified military stuff and this,that and the other I can't help but wonder what kind of life a person leads that makes them feel like they need to get a pat on the back to feel good about themselves? Why would he want complete strangers to be envious over things he's never done? That is beyond goofy. If I ever need another man's approval to make me feel good about myself...I'll know I'm a weirdo and need to either change direction in life or seek help.

And another thing. If he really is a gunsmith and people are on the internet reading all of this ridiculous crap how is that going to affect his business in the future? Not only that but in this part of the world being known for Stolen Valor is a good way to get your [beeep] kicked.

Last edited:
Quote:I can't help but wonder what kind of life a person leads that makes them feel like they need to get a pat on the back to feel good about themselves?

a really sad pathetic little one.....

Originally Posted By: RustydustI will admit that he had me going for a while. I wanted to believe that he was on the up and up but it did not take long to realize that he likely was trying to bamboozle us all. I hope that I'm wrong about that but it's not looking very likely that I am. Sad that people have to be this way.

You, like a few others, gave this person the benefit of the doubt. There certainly is no shame in that and good on you for doing so. If giving someone the benefit of the doubt is the worst you ever do, I'd say you're doing ok.

I guess I fell into the "benefit of the doubt" myself. I thought it would be great having a knowledgeable gunsmith on the forum. Guess I was totally wrong on this one.

Now..... will someone give me some assistance getting this hook out of my mouth?

Originally Posted By: 2Rope...Are you saying that some of the things I read on the interweb are falsehoods??? I'm crushed...!

Some are falsehoods and others are fully conceived lies with pictures designed to present "facts" that really are not facts. How can a picture lie was 1A'a byword.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: RustydustI will admit that he had me going for a while. I wanted to believe that he was on the up and up but it did not take long to realize that he likely was trying to bamboozle us all. I hope that I'm wrong about that but it's not looking very likely that I am. Sad that people have to be this way.

You, like a few others, gave this person the benefit of the doubt. There certainly is no shame in that and good on you for doing so. If giving someone the benefit of the doubt is the worst you ever do, I'd say you're doing ok.

Well said, Bryan. And thanks.

Originally Posted By: 2Rope...Are you saying that some of the things I read on the interweb are falsehoods??? I'm crushed...!

Sad to say that is the truth. I learned this back when chatting online first became a thing 20 or so years ago. Pictures/video wasn't usually part of the deal, and I discovered to my amazement that EVERY SINGLE GIRL I chatted to online had blonde hair, athletic body with large bosoms, and GREEN eyes. Seriously, 9 times out of 10 they gave that description. I can't think of the last time I met a girl in person that I'd describe that way. Of course, when pics/video became incorporated I realized that even getting them to state the correct gender was a toss-up.
frown.gif

[/quote]

Sad to say that is the truth. I learned this back when chatting online first became a thing 20 or so years ago. Pictures/video wasn't usually part of the deal, and I discovered to my amazement that EVERY SINGLE GIRL I chatted to online had blonde hair, athletic body with large bosoms, and GREEN eyes. Seriously, 9 times out of 10 they gave that description. I can't think of the last time I met a girl in person that I'd describe that way. Of course, when pics/video became incorporated I realized that even getting them to state the correct gender was a toss-up.
frown.gif
[/quote]

Lets hope that info was figured out before a dinner date turned into a sleepover!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back